ELEVEN

JACOB

   I stepped into the dark Tuesday morning sky and made my way to the church.
The time was 5:35am. I was always first to get there and last to leave. I took my favorite narrow path that intertwined with the farm dirt road.
It  shared a connection with the large poultry farm on the left. This helps to  shorten my walk.

            The early morning breeze was cooler this morning than usual. It had drizzled the previous night, dampening the ground.
My voice rang out to the silence of the vast farm. The birds chirped as I sang loudly. I'm sure they now know my voice.

Music had always been my joy, I couldn't do a thing without worship or praises. It always placed me in the throne room of God.
Getting to church early buys me one full hour of intense communion with the Holy spirit my best friend. We have been on this Journey since I was nine.

    Obsessed with video games growing up, I hated being in church. Anything that would take  me away from my games was the enemy.
I bullied anyone who stepped in my way, the tendencies of a troublesome Pastor's child was beginning to show.

At nine I looked ten, my legs longer than my age. My parents practically lost control over me at that age coupled with the fact that they were always busy with church. They were devoted workers in a big church at the time.

My sister Adriana, was in love with Jesus. She gushed about him like she could see him. Her interest was in her education and Jesus.
Adriana was the only child I knew who spent hours praying on her knees and we were just ten months apart. All her friends knew her as Jesus girl.
One day, she grabbed my video game console and ran. I was furious, I went after her with evil intention.

I barged into my parents room believing she would be there but she was not. In the room we shared, she was there on her knees, praying.

              "Lord, get Jacob for yourself. That he may love you more than any game in the world. That he may experience the true selfless love you have for him, Amen."
I stood and watched her finish her prayer. When she looked at me, a cloud of tears had gathered in her eyes.

           "Oh no Addy, why are you crying?" I was worried someone hurt her.

But she smiled."Jacob, When I feel Jesus has heard me, my heart is filled so much joy and this you see, is that of Joy. Jesus is sure gonna get you. He promised me." She confessed, handing the console back to me.

           That night I couldn't play any game, I lost interest in everything. Those words 'Jesus is gonna get you' stole my peace.    
We read how the king was restless, he wanted to reward Mordecai the security officer stationed at the gate of the palace. 
She explained, Queen Esther's prayer made God place restlessness in the heart of the king, and caused him to suddenly remember to do something right.

              "When there's a restlessness, it means God is seeking your attention." She professed determinedly. "I have prayed and I certainly know He will act."

             "Jacob, do you feel restless? She asked.  I nodded. "Do you also feel like there's a weight on you?" I nodded again.

             "Then pay attention, He is calling you. He wants you. Just know this, prepare to hear and be ready to do." She held my hands as I struggled with whatever that was going on in me.

That night I gave my life to Jesus, my eight year old sister led me to Christ. As soon as the prayer ended, peace encircled me. 
I broke down, I wept so much like something came over me. Like I was going to burst open.

            "But why am I crying Addy? I asked my little sister.

            " It's the holy spirit. " She answered.