TWENTY SEVEN

PASTOR ADRIAN

My fingers stiffened around the microphone. I held on tight for dear life, something was sowing fear deep down in my heart. I had no explanation for it, but it didn't feel good. I felt so sick down here, that my stomach growled. Not out of hunger but out of deep seethed fear.

Soon after the praises, I stepped down from the second level stage and stepped unto the main one used for services.
Crowd had gathered for this unusual impromptu Church service and I was eternally pleased by the number of people in attendance.

            Romans12:1 danced in my eyes as I pinned it down for my text for the service. "Let us read." I urged the church.

'I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.'
Let's do that again." I beckoned on the church and we repeated the same scripture again.

My eyes looked up from the big bible on the podium and faced the church. There were more hungry, passionate people in the meeting. Even though I themed this a Thanksgiving service after my kidnap, but at the same time, I was pressed to hold this meeting.

So I began to make my arguments from the scripture we just read. "Presenting your self in this contest means surrendering to God in all totality. And anything that continues to rise above the will or principles of God is a body that Mus be subjected to his purpose."

I heard some people yell, "Preach it Pastor!" I smiled and went on to instruct the hearts of the people to surrender absolutely to God. I was barely finishing my sentence when I felt a panic deep down my tummy, it etched so deep, I was so afraid to continue.

Suddenly, a red glow stretched from the roof down to the congregation.
Another thicker glow danced around it. I clamped my eyes shut and shivered in fear.

         "Not again!" I muttered to myself.

Still, it descended unto the people, stopping midway at the center of the church. Quickly, it moved towards me and circled round my head, I dodged.
Most of the members who saw me swerve almost ran out of their seats. I managed to chuckle to get their minds eased.

         "This is how most of you run from God's ordinances. When you see others do some thing, you also want to follow, there by refusing to abide by God's instructions." I explained, still masking my fear.

The people chuckled at my explanation.

Glancing back at my bible, the glow in a flash bounced off the podium and landed on my bible, releasing an intense red light all over me. I backed away from the podium in horror.
People didn't catch on. The only person who did was my son Jacob. His head shook in disapproval.
My eyes squinted then went shut as though I was having a vision, and because people have come to believe in these occurrences in the church, they didn't suspect anything.

When it left me and landed on the usher at the far end of the room, I blinked back tears. Quickly, I raised a song to cover up what was going on, the Choir took it up from their.

         Before the song could come to an end, the red flame had crisscrossed the entire  congregation, channeling them.
Men, women, children passed out immediately it ran through them. I witnessed Unique and her friend collapse on the floor when the energy passed through them.

The scene was like that of a massive wave swallowing a sea of bodies.
It couldn't even get to the pastors section before they all deserted the area. I caught my son run off while the other Pastors followed.
Except pastor Kelvin who almost swallowed the channeling flame. I gazed at him suspiciously.