four

I wake up with a pounding headache and horrible hangover. I don't remember getting back to my room last night. I don't remember much from last night after Draco gave me his jacket. I sort of remember going back inside soon after and hanging out with Raina and her friends, as well as Draco and his group, including Theo Nott and Blaise Zambini. I'm surprised that they even let me hang out with them, considering the fact that they're the most popular people in my year, and me, well I'm a total loser.

It's Saturday, so at least I don't have to do much. I mean, I have homework, but classes only started on Thursday, meaning we only had two days of school, so I don't have too much work. I decide to go back to bed to sleep off my hangover.

———

The weekend passed by way too quickly. I can't believe I have a whole week of classes ahead of me.

The first two days of the week go by faster than expected though. We haven't done much in our classes since we're still getting oriented to the new school year.

It's Wednesday, 4th period, the last lesson before lunch; I have quidditch now. Hogwarts requires all students to take some form of exercise, the most popular class being quidditch. I'm pretty good at it, not to brag, although I've never tried out for the house team. If I did, I'd probably make it, but I've never really had the desire to. Maybe I'll try out this year.

On my way to the field, my stomach growls and I begin to feel slightly lightheaded, a reminder that I haven't eaten since Saturday. I feel amazing; my stomach is completely empty and I'm on a starvation high.

When I arrive, I see Raina and her whole friend group. She waves me over, so I grab my broom and join them for the lesson.

Not gonna lie, I have a lot of fun playing quidditch, even though most people don't want to be here and are only doing it because they're required to. Plus, it's a good way to burn calories.

At the end of class, Raina pulls me aside."Hey, Thiz, can I talk to you for a sec?" She asks me in a concerned tone.

"Yeah sure, what's up?" I ask, suspicious of the way she's addressing me.

"Are you doing okay? You seem kind of out of it."

"In what way? I'm doing great." I respond. I'm actually not lying when I say this; my starvation high is making me feel invincible.

"It's just that I haven't seen you at the dinning hall all week... I'm worried about you. Have you been eating?"

Crap. She's on to me. Of course she is, Raina is such a good person and cares so much about her friends. She's always making sure that I eat, which is slightly annoying, but shows her good character.

"Of course I've been eating," I say reassuringly with a fake smile on my face in an attempt to prove my point. But she can read right through me. She knows I'm lying, but she doesn't say anything about it.

"We have lunch now, so why don't you come sit with me and my friends. Plus, lunch is gonna be really good today. It's pasta."

I can't say no. She's already on to me and if I come up with an excuse she'll be even more suspicious than she is right now. "Sure," I say, trying to sound happy about it.

I walk to the great hall with Raina and the rest of her friend group. I sit at the end of the table with Raina on my right. She stares at my plate, waiting for me to take some food. I dish myself out a small portion of pasta to get her off my back and take in the delicious smell.

It looks so good, smells so good, and I know it tastes like heaven.

No. I can't think like that. I shouldn't be eating. I don't deserve this, I need to lose weight.

But I have to eat, Raina is watching me like a hawk.

The meal goes by painfully slow, every bite is a reminder of my failures. Everyone else is deep into a conversation, but I'm not paying attention. I'm too preoccupied with my food.

I finish my small plate of pasta and tell Raina that I'm going to go to the library to study since I have a free period next. I say bye to everyone and stand up to leave.

As soon as I exit the dinning hall and I'm out of Raina's sight, I sprint to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom.

I enter a stall and slam the door shut. I kneel in front of the toilet and shove my index and middle finger down my throat to rid myself of my mistake. I know how disgusting this is, but hey, desperate times call for desperate measures.

I flush the toilet and sit on the bathroom floor for a moment to collect myself. My face is tomato red, and so is my right hand.

I open the door while looking at the ground and I see a pair of black dress shoes.
How the hell did I not hear him?

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" Draco says.

Fuck. Did he hear me puking? I see him glance down at my bright red knuckles. I quickly hide my hand behind my back, but it's too late. He's already seen it, the damage has been done.

"Don't try to hide it, I know what you did," Draco growls.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't deny it, Carter. I heard you in the stall."

"Oh, that. I was feeling nauseous. Must have been food poisoning or something. No biggie," I say nonchalantly, as I make my way to the sink to wash my hands and rinse out my mouth. But he grabs my hand and stares at my blood red knuckles.

"I know what this means, Carter. It's Russell's sign."

I stand there in silence. I'm stunned to the point where I can't even speak. Why does he know about eating disorders? How does he even know about them? Why does he even care?

I gather my thoughts and finally work up the courage to speak. "This is none of your business, Malfoy. Leave me alone. And don't you dare tell anyone, because whatever you think happened didn't," I growl.

"Okay, whatever you say. But wash your hands and use a breath charm before you leave. I can smell the vomit on you." He exits the bathroom.

What the bloody hell?