nine

I wake up in Draco's bed, his arms still around me. It's light out already, I spent the whole night in his room. I look at the clock. 10:30am?! That can't be right. I rub my eyes and check again. It's 10:31am now. Crap.

I quietly get out of Draco's bed, gather my belongings, and exit his room, making sure to close the door as softly as possible so I don't wake him up. I make my way down to the common room.

To my surprise, Raina, Ebony, and the rest of their friend group are sitting in the common room playing wizard's chess. It's early for them to be awake, especially Raina. They don't seem to notice me right away, so I decide to quickly make my way to the Slytherin dorm exit. But suddenly, I her Raina's voice.

"What are you doing here?" She asks me, giving me a confused look.
"I umm... I left something here and I needed to come get it," I reply. Everyone in her friend group is watching me.
"What did you leave?" Raina interrogates me.
"Uh, my sweatshirt." Luckily, I actually have the sweatshirt Draco gave me draped over my arm, so my excuse should be believable.
"Since you're here, do you wanna play wizard's chess with us?" Ebony asks me.
"Sure," I respond.

I take a seat next to Raina. I'm cold, so I put Draco's sweatshirt, well mine now, on. I catch Raina staring at it, more specifically Draco's embroidered initials on the chest of the sweatshirt. Crap.

"Is that Draco's sweatshirt?!" Raina asks, whispering in my ear.
I begin to blush and tuck my hair behind my ear in an attempt to hide my awkwardness.
"OH MY GOD IT IS!" Raina exclaims, loud enough for everyone to hear this time.

"What, Raina?" Esme asks. Raina points to Draco's initials on my sweatshirt and Esme, Ebony, Charlotte, and Maeve all look at it.
"Is that Draco's sweatshirt?!" Esme asks me. There's no denying it now, so I have to tell the truth.

"Yeah, I was really cold so he gave me his sweatshirt," I say in a slightly shy voice.
"Wait actually?!" Charlotte says.
"Looks like someone's got a little crush on you, Thisbe," Maeve says.
"What?! No way. Definitely not," I respond.
"He totally does! I've gotten those vibes since the night of the party," Esme states.

"It's not that big of a deal," I say.
"It totally is! Omg do you like him?" Raina asks me.
"What?! Ew, no way," I respond, but it's too late, my cheeks have already begun to turn pink.

"You totally do! You're blushing!" Says Ebony.
"Shh! Be quiet!" I say in a slightly hushed voiced. "He's going to hear you."

"Oh my god, Thisbe Carter, you totally like him!" Raina says excitedly. I smile.
"We're going to help you get him," Charlotte says.
"Thanks, but that's really not necessary," I say.
"Yes it is! You'd be so cute together," Esme states. 
"Okay," I say. Everyone squeals and goes back to playing wizard chess.

Raina and I being to have a hushed side conversation, one that only we can hear.

"Wait, Thiz, I didn't see you come into the common room and we've been here for at least 20 mins. Where did you leave his sweatshirt and why were you here for so long?" Raina asks me in a hushed voice.

Crap. I don't know what to say.

"Wait... how long were you with Draco? Did you stay with him all night?!" She asks me.
"Umm, maybe?" I respond, biting my lip.
"Oh my god, Thisbe! Did anything happen?!"
"No, nothing like that. I just fell asleep in his bed."
"Awww, that is so adorable!!! You guys would make such a cute couple!"

She doesn't know the reason as to why I was even in his room in the first place, and I can't tell her. That would be so embarrassing for me. I'm already embarrassed enough just from being in that whole situation, and I'd rather keep it between me and Draco.

"He probably doesn't even like me. And even if he does, why would he want to date me? He hangs out with the popular guys and I'm just a random loser who has like 2 friends," I respond.
"That's so not true. You're friends with me, and you've started hanging out with my friends too. We're friends with Draco's friend group, so you guys could totally be a thing."
"You're friends probably don't even like me. They're just being nice to me because I'm friends with you."
"They like you and think you're cool, Thisbe. You should hang out with us more."
"Okay," I say.

We join the rest of Raina's friend group in their conversation.

"What are you all wearing tonight?" Maeve asks.
"I'm not sure yet, maybe jeans and a bralette tank top thing? But it's kind of cold out so I'll probably wear a zip up hoodie over it," responds Charlotte.
"Okay yeah I'll probably do something like that too," says Maeve.

What's tonight? They're probably just hanging out with some boys or something. I'll probably do what I always do on weekend nights; an hour long workout to burn at least 300 calories and a long shower to warm up, then probably watch some tv or a movie.

"Wait, Draco's going to be there tonight. Thisbe, wanna come?" Esme asks me.
"Yeah, sure," I respond nonchalantly, even though in reality I'm really happy she asked. I don't even know what they're doing.

"What are you guys doing?" I ask.
"Just going to Hogsmeade and then probably coming back here, but we're not completely sure yet. We're meeting in the Slytherin common room at 8pm," Esme responds.

Wait 8pm? That's past dorm check in, I think to myself. Oh wait, there's no check in on non-school nights after you get into year 6. I totally forgot about that. And to be honest, once you're in year 6, they don't really care if you're not there for dorm check in even on school nights. I guess they figure we're responsible enough.

"Okay, I'll see you guys then. I'm gonna go back to my room and take a shower."
"Okay, see you later Thiz," says Ebony.