twenty five

To my surprise, I wake up in the hospital wing. I'm not sure how I got here. I really didn't think I was going to make it. I wish I didn't.

I'm so weak that I can't lift myself out of bed, so I let myself rest. I close my eyes again and shiver from the cold air, my horrible circulation, and the fact that all I'm covered with is a bloody awful paper thin hospital blanket. I hear Madam Pomfrey talking to Draco, but I can't quite make out what they're saying.

They should have just let me die in the woods. At least then I wouldn't be in this horrible situation.

Wow, that's twice in less than 24 hours that you've managed to make a fool of yourself. Nice going, Thisbe. What's next, are you going to lose your shit in front of the whole school? God I'm so dumb. I should have turned around when I hit mile 5. If I had only ran 10 miles, I wouldn't be in this position. Or, if I had jumped off the astronomy tower sooner, Draco wouldn't have been there to stop me and I would have avoided being in this position. But I guess I'm just too dumb to-

"Oh, dear, you're awake!" Madam Pomfrey says, cutting me off from my thoughts.

I turn my head to face her. Draco's stern look quickly fades into a soft smile.

"You gave us quite a scare there dear," she continues. "Might you tell me what you were doing out by the lake on such a chilly day?"

Crap. Think, Thisbe. I need to come up with an answer fast or I risk Draco telling her everything.

"I-"

Before I can finish what I'm saying, I hear the infirmary doors open and through it comes my uncle Sev, his black cloak floating behind him like it always does. Thank Merlin's beard for his timely entrance because I had no idea how I was going to finish my sentence.

"Severus, I see you got my owl," says Madam Pomfrey.

"What seems to be the matter?" Snape asks in his monotone voice.

"Thisbe seems to have lost consciousness near the Black Lake. She's woken up now but it appears that she's still unwell," she responds.

Severus walks towards me and stares down at my face with a blank expression.

"Hi uncle Sev," I croak.

He turns towards Madam Pomfrey.

"Has Thisbe's mother been alerted of the incident?" he asks.

"Not as of yet, but I'm on my way to send an owl."

"NO!" I scream. "Please, you can't tell her. She'll just hate me more than she already does," I say in a quieter voice.

"I'm sorry darling, but I must inform a family member of any major incidents. You've missed your last few check ups and it seems you have dropped quite a bit of weight since then. 41 pounds since the start of the year to be exact," Madam Pomfrey tells me.

Shit. Bloody motherfucking shit. When did she weigh me?! It must have been while I was passed out. Oi, this is bad. Really, extremely bad. But, on the other hand, that means I'm 65 pounds now!

"There's no need to notify Mrs. Carter. I'm family and I have been made aware of the situation," Snape declares.

"Alright then, fair enough. But I trust that you'll be watching over Thisbe, then, Severus?" Pomfrey asks.

"Obviously," Snape responds.

Thank god.

"So, dear, what happened at the lake?" Madam Pomfrey questions.

I don't know what to say. Out of all of the possible excuses I could use, I can't come up with any. And I'm definitely not about to say that I passed out because I was trying to run 15 miles on an empty stomach the morning after I tried to kill myself. I turn to Draco, my eyes saying, help me!, but he doesn't say anything either.

"I, I um... I don't really remember. I think I was taking a walk to get some fresh air, but I'm not sure what happened," I say.

I really hope that was believable.

"Well, you're quite a lucky girl that Mr. Malfoy found you when he did, any longer and you might have frozen to death! Especially at a bmi of 11.9. You'll need to gain at least 29 pounds to be at a minimum healthy weight for your height again. 35 pounds would be ideal. But, we'll address that later. I'll leave you to rest now," Pomfrey says.

Of course it was Draco who brought me here. My knight in shinning armor or whatever. I would have been lucky to have frozen to death. I turn to Draco.

"Why the bloody hell did you bring me here?!" I whisper scream at him.

"Bee, I tried to help you, but I can't. When I found you, you were laying there lifeless. For a moment, I thought you might have been dead until I got closer to you and saw that you were still breathing. You need help, help that I can't give you," Draco says all in one breath.

God, I could just punch his beautiful face right now.

I turn my head away from him only to see my uncle on the other side of me.

"Would you care to disclose what this extreme weight loss is about, Thisbe?" Severus asks me in a stern tone.

"Oh, you know, just school and stress. I've been super busy lately," I respond, as chill as possible.

He stares me down. "You've always been an exceptionally good liar, even since you were a little girl, but so am I. I can tell you aren't being truthful, and I'm going to have to call bullshit on this one," Snape states. "So, I'm going to ask you one more time, what is the meaning of this?"

I don't know how I'm going to get myself out of this. I turn to Draco, my eyes pleading for help. We sit there in silence for a moment.

"She hasn't been eating properly, sir. For a while now," Draco says, breaking the awkward quietness.

"I figured that was the case," Snape replied. "Well, let's let her rest for now. We'll be back later.

Fuck. You. Draco. Malfoy. That's not what I meant when I asked you to help me and you know it you son of a bitch.

_____
A/N:
Hi guys! I hope you've been enjoying the story so far. Please vote for this chapter if you have!