twenty

It's been over two weeks since my fight with Draco and we haven't talked since. I haven't seen him much lately, or anyone at all for that matter. Most days,  I don't get out of bed until afternoon classes. Some days, I don't even leave my room. I barely participate during lessons. 

I'm becoming a zombie, a shell of my former self. I hate who I've become. I thought that if I was the skinniest girl at school, all of my problems would be solved. Maybe then my parents would notice me, maybe then I'd be popular, maybe then I'd be loved. I'm 67 lbs now, but I have no friends, my family still doesn't care, and worst of all, Draco doesn't love me anymore. 

I lay in bed, my pillow soaked with salty tears. I turn to the florescent glow of the clock, which reads 11:49pm; I haven't gotten up all day, not even to use the bathroom. I can't get up. Physically or mentally. My body doesn't have the strength, and neither does my mind. 

God, I hate feeling like this. The only person who can usually make me feel better is Draco, but thinking of him now only causes me pain. I can't live like this anymore. I don't even know how I'm still alive to be honest, I've barely eaten in these past two weeks. I should be dead, but I'm not. I need to be. 

I muster up all of my remaining strength and push myself out of my bed. I slide my cold feet into my Ugg slippers and finally leave my room. 

The sharp, frigid air hits my face like thousands of minuscule glass shards. I walk towards the astronomy tower, my legs on autopilot. They manage to carry me all the way to the top without giving out. I guess when there's a will, there's a way. 

I walk to the railing and admire the view. The Black Lake is frozen over, and the bare trees sway in the wind. Millions of stars shine bright above my head, each containing its own piece of magic. If only I could grasp one and absorb all of its joy.

I climb to the other side of the railing, my toes hanging off the side of the tower. I turn around so that I'm facing the railing and close my eyes. I'm ready. I take one last deep breath in, and––

"Thisbe?" I hear a voice call out. 

---

Note from author: 

Hi everyone! sorry for not posting for such a long time, I've been super busy and I haven't been doing the best mentally, but I'm starting to get back on track! I hope you guys enjoyed this part, sorry its so short. I'm going to try and update more frequently!