seven

The Slytherin common room is surprisingly empty; only a few 1st and 2nd years are there. Since we don't have classes tomorrow, those who have privileges to leave campus probably went to Hogsmeade.

"C'mon, lets go to my room. I don't want to be here with the bloody halfwit children," Draco says.
"Okay," I reply, thinking that maybe he's forgotten about our promise and that I would eat. I'm 96 lbs now, 10 pounds less than what I was when I arrived for school this year. Because I'm only 5'2, the weight loss is becoming noticeable, and I'm loving it. If I keep this up I can be 90 by next Friday. I just need to stay strong.

We arrive in Draco's room; there's a king size canopy bed in the center of the room against the wall across from the door. He has dark green satin sheets with a sheer black drape over the canopy. There's a dark wooden bedside table on both sides of the bed, as well as a large window with a small area you can sit on located to the left side of the bed. And of course, a cart with firewhisky in the corner.

Draco sits on his bed while I take in his room. It's decorated with dark colors, very fitting to his aesthetic.

"So... what would you like to eat?" Fuck. He remembered. I thought that with all the chaos maybe he forgot, but unfortunately, he didn't.

"I'm actually feeling kind of nauseous right now," I tell him. "Anything I eat will probably just come back up." I'm not completely lying when I tell him this. I may not be nauseous right now, but as soon as I eat I'll feel like crap. My stomach isn't used to having a meal in it, it's used to being bright pink and not expanded with any food in it.

"Yeah, sure you are," he says sarcastically. "If you really are nauseous, it's probably because you haven't eaten. Why don't you have something easy to digest, like soup and rice?"

"No," I tell him.
"We made a deal," Draco responds.
"I don't care."
"Well I do. I'm not letting you leave until you eat," he says.

We sit in awkward silence for a few moments, and then it occurs to me to make a run for it. I get up and sprint towards the door, but it slams shut.

"Not so fast, Bee. Where do you think you're going?" Draco asks.
"Back to my room. Duh."
"I don't think so. I held up my end of the deal, so now you need to hold up yours."
"Well there isn't exactly any food I can eat in here, so I don't know what you want me to do."
"If you would actually tell me what you want instead of making a big fuss, I could go get it for you. If not, you're eating whatever I choose."

I roll my eyes at him but don't respond.

"Fine then," Draco says as he stands up. "I'll go get you something and you're going to eat it. And don't you dare even think about leaving, I'm locking you in until I get back." He places a spell on the door as he leaves.

I look around the room and sit on his bed. There's a subtle but noticeable scent in the room, and it smells exactly like Draco; Dior Sauvage mixed with a hint of green apple. I breathe deeply to take in the magnificent smell. I love the scent that Draco carries. Is it because I genuinely like the smell of Dior Sauvage and green apple, or is it because it reminds me of him?

I feel a cool breeze seep into the room through the slightly opened window and I shiver. I walk over to the window and slam it shut. I'm so cold, and I can't get warm. Even with Draco's charmed sweatshirt on I'm still cold. It must be no more than 30 degrees (Fahrenheit) in here. I don't know why, but it seems like Draco enjoys the cold; he's always going outside when it's chilly and doesn't dress appropriately. And he keeps his room way too cold.

It's been a while and he still isn't back yet. I'm freezing; I tried casting a warming charm but it feels like it keeps fizzling out extremely fast, only lasting for about 5 minutes before I have to cast it again. I don't know why it's not working, I'm really good at charms and I know I casted the spell correctly. I give up and take my shoes off, rip the satin green covers off of Draco's bed, and lay down under the warm covers. It's so comfortable, I feel like I could fall asleep. And I do.

———

I wake up to Draco laying next to me on the bed, his head propped up by his hand and elbow.

"Look who's awake," Draco says.
"How long was I asleep?" I ask him.
"About an hour, maybe a bit longer. Why are you sleeping in my bed anyway?"
"You're room is so cold, so I laid down under the covers to keep warm. I must have fallen asleep," I tell him. "I tried casting a warming charm, but it didn't work."
"Yeah, I like to keep it cool in here, so I disabled warming charms."
"Seriously, Draco?! It's not just 'cool' in here, it's a fucking freezer! How do you live with your room being so cold?"
"I don't know, I guess I just find it refreshing. And calm down, I brought you some soup and rice, so that will warm you up."

Fuck. For a moment I forgot the reason as to why Draco even left me alone in the first place.

"You know what? I'm still tired, I think I'm just going to go to sleep for the night," I tell him.
"You can go to sleep after you eat," Draco responds while putting a tray with the soup and rice on the bed. That's when I realize that I'm going to have to eat and there's no getting out of it.

"The soup is cold," I say.
"Well no shit Sherlock. It's been sitting here for an hour while you were sleeping." He gets his wand out and casts a spell. Suddenly, the soup and rice begin to steam.
"Well go on, take a bite," Draco urges me.
"It's too hot now, I'm going to burn my tongue if I eat it."
"Who are you? Goldilocks from Goldilocks and the Three Bears?" he remarks. "Ooo it's too cold, now it's too hot," he mocks me in a fake girly pitched voice.
"Oh shut up," I say as I hit him in the shoulder playfully.

I pick up the spoon and blow on the soup. I touch the tip of the spoon to my lips as I take a deep breath and swallow.

"How is it? Do you like it?" Draco asks.
I nod my head. I'm too stressed about eating to communicate my thoughts, so I sit there in silence and slowly slurp my soup.

20 minutes later, I've only eaten half of my soup and none of the rice. I can't do this anymore:

"I'm full," I tell Draco.
"You can be done with the soup, but you have to finish the rice."
"5 bites of the rice," I say in an attempt to negotiate.
"No way. All of it. I'm not making a deal with you."
"Fine, a quarter," I respond.
"I said no. You have to finish all of it."
"Half."
"No."
"Half or I'm not eating any."
"3/4, that's my only offer," he says with a sigh.
"Fine," I say, somewhat relieved that he isn't making me finish all of it.

I take a spoonful and begin to eat the rice. I can feel the carbs seeping into my blood stream, turning straight into fat. I'm going to be back up in weight tomorrow, there goes my hope of being 90 by Friday. Maybe if I do a water fast though...

I muscle through the pain for 35 minutes and finish exactly 3/4 of the rice, not a single grain more.

My stomach is no longer empty, and it begins to cramp. I'm so bloated; my body isn't used to eating a full meal at once, I don't think it knows how to properly digest this much food anymore.

"You did so well, Bee. I'm so proud of you. I know how hard that must have been. How are you feeling now?" Draco asks me.
"I'm fine," I lie; my stomach is churning, I'm so uncomfortable both physically and emotionally.

I can't do this, I need to get rid of it. That will relieve my stomach pain and prevent me from gaining weight. I need to get to the bathroom. Luckily, I'm closer to the bathroom than Draco is. Now I just need a distraction, so I look out the window.

"What was that?" I say.
"What?" Draco asks.
"There, outside the window."
"I don't see anything, Bee."
"No, I swear I saw something."

Draco stands up and walks over to the window; meanwhile, I run into the bathroom and cast a complex locking spell. Draco is one of the best wizards in our year, but so am I. This charm is pretty hard to disable if you weren't the one who placed it. I'm pretty confident that it will keep him out.

"Bee, what the hell?!" I hear Draco yell in an angry and concerned tone. "Open the door right this instant!" He demands.
I don't respond.
"Don't you dare do it, don't you dare Thisbe."
I cast a muffilato and shove my fingers down the back of my throat. I retch as the rice mixed with soup comes up my esophagus and splashes into the toilet. I hear Draco banging on the door and begging me to open it, but I don't care. Until suddenly, I hear the door unlock; somehow, Draco disabled the locking charm.