twelve

(Time jump ~a month)

I wake up with the covers off of me. It's freezing, probably because it's already December.

I shiver as I ponder getting out of bed. I've lost another 8 pounds; I'm now 82lbs. This recent weight loss has made it extremely hard for me to keep my body temperature up, especially during the winter months.

I've been hiding my weight loss well. At least I think I have been. No one has said anything to me about it other than mentioning that I look good. Even Draco hasn't said anything. I can't tell if that's a good or bad thing.

I need to get up. It's a Tuesday, meaning I have classes today.

I finally get out of bed and begin to get dressed.  I pull on sheer black tights and a pleated sky blue skirt. The waist is huge on me, almost falling off. I guess that's what happens when you lose over 20 pounds since the beginning of the school year. I've been meaning to use a shrinking charm so that my skirt would fit, but it can't get myself to do it. I like having a constant reminder of how much weight I've lost; it makes me feel confident and powerful.

I throw on a navy V-neck cable knit sweater that has my house symbol just above my left breast. Next, I put on my Ravenclaw house tie and then a pair of white sneakers. I put on some light mascara and brush my hair. I braid my hair into two Dutch braids and pull out a few strands of hair to frame my face.

I go to my first class, Charms. I really love charms, I think it might be my favorite class. It just comes so naturally to me.

I take my usually seat, next to Draco.

"Good morning darling," Draco says. "You're hair looks beautiful today."
"Just today? Does it not always look good?" I respond.
"You know what I mean Bee."
"I know," I giggle as I playfully punch him in the shoulder.

Class goes by fairly quickly. As we're exiting the room, Draco stops me.
"Hey, I wanted to talk to you about something. Do you have time?" Draco asks me.

Shit. Has he noticed that I lost weight? I really hope not.
"I have a free now, so yeah. What's up?" I respond.
"Well, urm, I was wondering- umm, what are you doing for the holidays?" He asks me.

I sigh in relief that he hasn't noticed my weight loss, or if he has, he hasn't said anything.
"I'm just going home. Why? What are you doing?" I say.
"Oh, yeah, same here. Actually Bee, I was wondering if you would want to spend Christmas together. You could come stay with me at the Malfoy Manor. Of course, only if it's okay with your parents."

I smile. "I don't think my parent will mind saying as they barely pay attention to me, but I'll ask them anyways."
"Oh, umm, okay. Let me know what they say. I've already asked my mother and she said she would love to have you for the holidays as long as it's okay with your parents."
"Okay, yeah, let me go send an owl to my parents then."
"Okay, bye Bee, see you later."

I begin to walk towards my room to write to my parents. I doubt they'll mind. They're always so busy with work that I barely get to see them even over the holiday break. I guess that's what happens when you're highly ranked in the ministry of magic. My parents are constantly working, and even before I came to Hogwarts I rarely saw them. Now with me away all school year, I'm lucky to even have a conversation with them.

They try to make up for being absent though, always buying their way out. Because they both hold such an important job, they make a lot of money and always use some of it to buy me presents. Or sometimes if they're super busy and don't even have time to pick something out, they'll just send me money.

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure they work with Draco's father, Lucius. I wonder if they get along well.

I return to my room and write a note to my parents, asking for permission to stay with the Malfoy's during break. I give the letter to my owl, Duke, and watch as he flies away.

———

3 days pass before I get a response. I guess my parents were super busy, as always. but a letter finally arrives. It reads:

My dearest Thisbe,
You may spend the holidays at the Malfoy Manor, but we would like to see you once before you return to school. New Year's is on a Saturday this year, and we know you have to return to Hogwarts the following Wednesday, so how about you visit us for the day, say, on Sunday, the day after New Years?

Much love,
Your parents, Cassandra and Raymond

I rush to Draco's room to tell him the good news.
"That's amazing news! I'm so excited. I'll let my mother know," Draco says, as he gives me a kiss on my cheek.
"Yeah, it is," I smile as I say back.

———
Note from author:
Hi lovies! Thank you so much for 1k reads! Please keep commenting and voting :)
Also because it's Christmas time, I've decided to write Christmas themed chapters! I hope you enjoy❤️