Second Chances

Out on a slightly fresh afternoon, a certain blond was mentally excited, as he sat in the passenger seat of his lovers black mustang. He tried his best to fight against the bright smile he was beaming.

His eyes peered over to his lover who was silent, and emotionless, as usual. His lover dressed in a black suit that rather looked as always dashing on him, emitted slight nervousness.

Sasuke had one hand on the wheel, as his eyes fell over the road, before him. Naruto hesitantly glanced at his lovers hand that was placed on the shift. He bit his lip contemplating, if he should touch him. Naruto took a deep breath lifting his hand.

Sasuke slightly flinched feeling the smooth fingers of his lovers fall over his hand. He glanced at his blond who was facing the window.

"T-thank you for taking us out." Naruto softly stated.

Sasuke stayed silent only to gaze back at the road. Naruto slowly turned to face the front as well to then peak at his hand upon his lovers.

'He didn't move it...that means something right?'

Naruto gulped to then take a deep breath, his cheeks felt very hot, and his heart was pounding against his chest. Emotions of happiness, nervousness, fright, and hope scrambled his heart.

After, all for the past year Sasuke has been off.

Not timid, nor expressing...

Anything.

Naruto touching his hand was the most, and longest physical contact he has received in the past year.

But.

He couldn't get in Sasuke's way when he was so close to reaching his dreams. He was competing with his rival at work for the position of their bosses right hand. Naruto knew deep down how important this was for him, and how he was so close, but he was also scared that Sasuke would burn himself out. That lead to him being shocked that Sasuke told him earlier to get dressed, because they were going out.

Naruto's free hand adjusted his orange button up. He pressed his lips together in slight awkwardness.

He was about to part his lips to speak, when the sound of their car's speaker began to ring. Sasuke glanced at the caller ID on the radios screen. Naruto glanced spotting the words.

'Boss.'

Sasuke pulled his hand away from his lover to press the answer button.

"Hello?" Sasuke called.

"Sasuke, I apologized for calling you out of the blue. I know I said that to clock in at nine, but could you come in earlier? I just got a couple of more files to handle, an-"

"I'll head over right now." Sasuke stated catching Naruto, and his boss off-guard.

Naruto clearly heard his boss rustle with the phone.

"Sasuke that isn't necessary tom-."

"It's okay, I wasn't doing anything important, if I go in right now we can even it out today, and tomorrow." Sasuke stated.

"A-alright then I'll see you in a bit."

With that his boss ended the call. Sasuke stepped on the breaks to then pull to the side, he checked over his shoulder to then do a u turn. Sasuke was waiting for Naruto to utter a word, but nonetheless it was silent.

His ears twitched slightly when he heard a small whimper. He turned only to catch his lover facing the window, he glanced down at the blonds hands that were gripping his pants tightly, to the fact that his knuckles were paling.