12

Mekhi/home...

Mekhi yawned, walking out of his room to a clean house, and loud R&B blasting from a speaker. He spotted Teyana in the kitchen with her hair in a high ponytail, scrubbing the counters down.

The house had smelt awesome, and he was so shocked seeing that for the first time in almost 6 months, his house was back to it's peak.

On the kitchen island, there was huge piled of money with rubber bands over them stacked up. He assumed that this was from what all was laying around his house, and he was correct. He knew that out of all the females he had in his house, Tee would be the only one to not take a single thing out, not even money.

He rubbed his eyes, walking over to the kitchen. Teyana saw him, and paused her Usher before looking back at him.

"Good morning, I made breakfast sandwiches if you want one. I just got hungry, and bored so I decided to help you out." She smiled, rinsing the dish rag off in the hot dish water.

"Why you being nice to me?" He tilted his head, squinting his eyes at her.

"Because we're... associates. And associates help each other out, no matter what." She shrugged before letting out the dish water. He walked around her and grabbed a plate, putting a breakfast sandwich on it before sitting down on one of the bar stools.

"Now that we're awake...and you're not drinking that stuff. Can we talk for real?" She took a seat on a stool beside him, fidgeting with her finger nails.

"Yeah." He mumbled, taking a bite out of his sandwich. He hummed at the fact that the sandwich was so good, and nodded his head in approval.

"Mekhi. Did you do it on purpose?" She swallowed the lump in her throat, chewing on her nails anxiously.

"Huh?" Strap raised an eyebrow at her, with his mouth full of food. He was genuinely confused.

"Did you...you know. Shoot me on purpose?" She looked at him, seeing how confused he was.

"What the fuck." He swallowed his food, sitting it down on the plate. Turning his full attention to her, he repeated his response.

"What the fuck" He mumbled.

"What? It was just a question...I want to know the truth." She shrugged, looking away from his eye contact.

"Ohhhh...I get the shit now. That's why the fuck you was acting so damn scared of me and shit. And acting like I couldn't talk to you. THAT'S why you ain't been in contact with me." He chuckled, bouncing his leg up and down, repeatedly.

Teyana was confused at his response, it was almost like he didn't care. She stared at him awkwardly, and tilted her head.

"Tee. You really think I did that shit to you? I'm not even going to explain it right now...because I know you won't be able to handle it. But just know, I didn't shoot you, Teyana." He hesitated, getting up and throwing his plate in the trash can.

"I'mma go brush my teeth...and all that shit." He nodded, walking back into his room. Teyana's eyes followed everywhere his body went, she couldn't comprehend what he just said. She just sat there, stuck.

___________

Teyana/The mall...

"I mean, I don't understand why he doesn't want to talk to me about it Hay. If he didn't...then who did? Somebody gotta own up." Teyana shrugged, taking a sip of her smoothie with her bags on her arm.

"mhm." Haven zoned out, taking videos of herself in the sunlight that beamed through the mall windows.

"Are you even listening to me?" Teetee looked over at her, and Haven nodded putting her phone down. Tee rolled her eyes and continued walking beside Haven.