28

Narrator/Teyana's Father's House...same night.

"Damn, you doing your shit now. This whip dope as fuck, yo!" Mekhi hyped her up as he looked around inside her new truck. They were in her car getting some separation from everyone else so they could talk.

"Thanks, took some hard work." She shrugged, dusting off the wheel nervously. She didn't really know what to say, because she felt bad for ghosting him.

"You good, ma. Don't be nervous, I know we ain't talk in a minute. And, I ain't trying to force shit on you. But, just don't be a stranger, ma." He assured her, grabbing her hand and slouching back in his seat. She held his hand tight and slouched back in hers too, feeling comfortable.

They discussed their situations, relationships, and all for a good two hours. It was getting late, so Teyana decided that she'd leave, with Yari.

"Ight. Don't do that to me again tho, Tee." Strap leaned over and faced her directly, making exact eye contact. She was confused, so she looked at him with a "Huh" expression.

"Do what?"

"Leave me...that shit hurt, man." He let go of her hand, slowly getting out of the car and walking off as Yari hopped in right after him.

"You good?" She noticed the sad expression on Teyana's face, and Teyana nodded quickly shrugging it off.

___
Later that night at Teyana's house.

"I know, Mekhi. Yes, I will come see you tomorrow." I rolled my eyes as Mekhi sweet talked and begged me to come see him in the morning over the phone. By now, I was laying in bed ready to knockout.

I heard a sound almost like a door creaking, causing me to stop talking and look back at my room door. My bedroom was downstairs, and I was right near the front door.

"I'll call you back, Khi." I hung up and ran to grab my gun before he could even say anything. I grabbed my phone, calling my Dad because that was always who I called when I was scared. The door creak got louder and it happened again, making my heart race.

"Answer, daddy. Fuck." I silently groaned as the phone stopped ringing. How could he possibly not answer right now, bro?

"Okay. get it together, Tee." I snapped myself out of my fear and walked into the living room, crouching with two hands on my gun. My dad had taught me self defense skills for a long time, and now it's time to use them.

"Whoever the fuck is in here, you finna get your ass beat!" I waved my gun around in the air, hearing the creaking stopped. Before I knew it, someone had grabbed me from behind and covered my eyes causing me to frantically scream and kick my legs.

"WHO THE FUCK?" The mystery person let go of me and pushed me to the floor, which made me lose my gun. They kicked me in the stomach as I groaned in pain. The person rolled me over and my eyes widened as I saw who it was.

"Ayden?" I tilted my head in question. Standing over me was a highly intoxicated Aylo. To say he looked terrible would be an understatement. His long curly hair was in a matted messy bun. He wore a white t-shirt, that was ripped at the neck. Black Nike sweats covered his legs, and dingy air force ones were on his feet. He'd gotten skinnier. At least, he didn't smell too bad. Just smelled like cigarettes.

"TeYaNa?"He mocked me, chuckling at himself as he helped me up. I mugged him and was about to reach for my gun, but he quickly cocked his gun back and pointed it directly in my face. I stiffened up and stared at him, a tear rolled down my face since I'd never seen Aylo like this.

"What the fuck do you want, Ayden?" I rolled my eyes, walking away into the kitchen. I know Ayden still has heart for me, well I think. I was comfortable, but I know he'd pull the trigger if he had too.