37

Teyana/Hospital...

Teyana ran into the hospital, passing bunches of people and doctors as everyone looked at her. Haven and Yari walked close behind, staring at everyone else with an attitude as they looked awkwardly.

"Wheres my dad. Please please let me in." Tears ran down her face like a faucet as she tried to brush past the doctor who was standing in front of her Dad's door.

"Ma'am, please calm down." The lady doctor coached her.

"You calm the fuck down, bitch this is her daddy! Tell her what's good." Haven snapped at the doctor, causing her eyes to widen.

"I- ma'am your dad was breathing on his own earlier today, but it suddenly stopped. We had to put him on a breathing machine ASAP, and he was fighting for his life on it. Now, he's awake. But, we couldn't remove the bullet considering it was so deep in his chest. It's nearly piercing his heart, and we give him no more than 5 more years of life." The doctor opened to door, and Teyana felt her heart sunk seeing her dad being hugging tightly by Tyler. She raced through the door and jumped on the bed, hugging around his neck tightly.

"DADDY!" He kissed her cheek repeatedly and ran his hands through her hair as she cried out onto his chest.

"Hey, baby girl. Damn you hurting me." He groaned in pain, causing Tee and Tyler to laugh and lift off of him.

"I'm sorry. Daddy, I missed you so so much." She kissed all over his face and stood up, wiping the tears off of her face. She walked over to Tyler, who also had tears coming down his, and pulled him into a big hug.

"I love y'all so much. More than life, and I'd do it again for the both of you just to protect y'all. I promise to make everything up to y'all, I love y'all so much. It's a blessing seeing y'all grow up and become such amazing young men and women." Their dad wiped the tear that slipped out of his eyes away. Everyone heard sniffling in the back, and they turned around and saw Yari crying.

"Girl what the hell you crying for?" Haven turned to her, staring at her like she was stupid.

"It's just...beautiful." They could tell the hormones were kicking in, causing them to all laugh in sync.

"But Dad...whats about the-" Tyler started but was cut off by their Dad.

"Listen, the 5 more years is just some shit them doctors want to happen. I promise to fight the rest of my life out, to see you guys grow old. Okay?" He spoke sternly, pulling them back into a hug.

"Okay." Tyler and Teyana expressed in sync.
___
Later at Mekhi's house...

"Da up!" Mia cried out, holding on to Mekhi's pants. She'd been having a terrible toddler breakdown today, and Mekhi was not fucking with it.

Ever since becoming a father, everyone thought that it was all sweet. But in reality, on days like this we wanted to give up. He would never whoop her, but sometimes, he really wanted to.

"Come on, ma, damn." He picked her up and walked towards the door, hearing the doorbell ring. Mia's face was covered in tears and she continued to scream and cry as he held her.

"Awww what's wrong mimi?" Teyana frowned seeing the door slowly open and Mia's soaked face and t-shirt. She reached her hands out and grabbed for Mia, who came straight to her.

Mekhi let Teyana in and closed the door behind them, as Tee went to sit down on the couch with Mia and he walked to the kitchen, cleaning off the counters and the mess that Mia had made with her food.

"Da mean." Mia wiped her tears looking up at Teyana, who rocked her back and fourth.

"I knowww, mama. Go to sleep baby." Teyana rocked her to sleep. Soon, Mia fell asleep in Teyana's arms and Teyana kissed her cheek before walking into her room and laying her in the baby crib, wrapping her up in a blanket. She walked back into the kitchen to a stressed out Mekhi, who was sweeping the floor.

"Damn, maybe I need to put one in you." Mekhi laughed as he bent down pecking her lips twice. Teyana lifted herself up and sat on the kitchen counter, laughing it off nervously.

"How about...no?" She laughed and reached in the cabinet to get a bag of lays chips.

"Why not? You said it's mine." He swept all of the trash and food onto the dustpan and dumped it into the trash can, while Teyana continued to eat her chips.

"I don't know, it's just not that time yet. Plus, I got a movie coming up soon." She shrugged as he washed his hands and walked over to her, standing in between her legs with his back turned towards her.

"You right, ma. You doing big things and I love that for you. But she, Christmas coming up next week." He changed the subject while grabbing some of her chips, causing her to mug him.

"I know! I'm so excited...did you finish shopping?" She watched as he scrolled down his timeline on his phone.

"Nah, I still got so much more shit I wanna get for my baby girl." Teyana scrunched her face up hearing this since his whole living room was filled with mad presents and stuff.

"Mekhi, she's only 1." Teyana laughed while hopping down to throw her trash away.

"Yeah, and? She finna be two in January, and I want her to remember this shit." He walked up behind her and hugged around her waist, laying his head in the crook of her neck.

"So what you get me?" Mekhi lifted his head as Teyana started walking them into the living room.

"Why would I tell you, Khi? It's a surprise." She laughed and plopped down on the couch. He sat down beside her and slouched back, turning on the Tv.

"You right." He grabbed his headset and put it over his head, loading in to 2k with his boys as Teyana pulled out her phone and started scrolling down her TikTok.

25 minutes later...

"TEN WHAT THE FUCK IS YOU DOING, YO?" Mekhi yelled into the headset at Ten who was on the other side.

"Bitch you missed, not me punk ass nigga." Ten laughed at how mad Mekhi was getting.

"Fuck unc ten fuck" Mia came out of her bedroom, repeating what Mekhi had said. Mekhi instantly looked at her with a death stare, causing her and Teyana both to fall out laughing.

"Yeah dat shit funny til I beat yo ass." He pointed at Mia and went back to his game as she walked over and sat beside him and Teyana.

"Ass bitch." She whispered to Teyana and her and Teyana began laughing to eachother again and Mekhi just looked at them both like they were stupid.

"Ight, boys imma get back on this shit in a few so stay on." He took of his headset and turned the game off, switching it back to regular TV.

"Come on, you needa go back to sleep, mama." He picked up Mia who was rubbing her eyes and walked her into the room, laying her in her crib. He turned on her night light and cracked the door, walking back in the living room to find Teyana laying down on the couch under a blanket.

"Get up, we gotta talk." He tapped her leg and sat in the small chair that was beside the one that she was laying on.

"Ughh, what?" She sat up slowly and faced him, rubbing her eyes.

"Be serious." He stared at her and she laughed for a while before finally stiffening up and being serious.

"I am."

"Thank you. For being here for me and Mia. I know I put you through hell and worse, but I swear one day imma pay all this shit back to you. I never plan on leaving you or hurting you ever again, and I wanna make that clear." He stared at Teyana whose eyes instantly began to tear up and she looked down, fidgeting with her hands.

"You're welcome. I've did some shit to you too, I guess. I'm grateful that we've made it this far all the way from practically middle school." She went over and hugged him, sitting on his laps. Tears continued to slowly roll down her face, but she just let roll.

"Stop crying, ma. That shit ugly and you too pretty for that." He wiped her face and pecked her lips a few times, making her chuckle and hug him tighter.

"I love you, Tee."

"I love you more, Khi."

(Author's note): awwww!
Any thoughts thus far?