New York

The Year Is 1928

The air is thick around me, a sweat drop rolls down my forehead as I try my best to concentrate. Many people who I've walked by kept giving me weird looks here and there, sometimes there will be a kid pointing at me while their mom tries to tell them that pointing at people is rude.

Now you may be wondering as to why they are doing this, well the reason is simple. I was currently trying to balance multiple drink carriers filled with cups of coffee. Anyone who saw me would think I was trying out for the local Circus.

But in reality I was just trying to get to the police station as fast as I can so I can give the officers their cup of coffee for the morning.

*HONK* *HONK*

I was startled and almost dropped all the coffee. I looked to my left where the noise came from and was face to face with a taxi and it's very angry driver. I didn't even realize I was crossing the street.

"Watch where you're going lady!!"

I was really not in the mood for any of this. I groaned as I kept walking ignoring the man. In doing so he proceeded to honk a couple more times until he decided to drive off.

"Crazy bitch is trying to get herself killed!"

Normally I would be pissed at that but it was mainly my fault this time for not paying attention.

I continued my walk until I finally reached my destination, N.Y.P.D
(New York City Police Department).

I walked into the building and headed straight towards the front desk.

"Good morning (Y/N)! I see you got that coffee we asked for!" The man at the front desk greeted me as I dropped off the coffee, I gave him a small smile as I proceeded to grab a cup for myself.

"Yeah, well next time send one of the interns to get the coffee, I almost got myself killed trying to bring you all a cup of joe."

He just laughs and grabs a cup as well, he takes off the lid and proceeds to blow into it to cool down the hot drink. Once he was finished he put the lid back on and took a nice long sip.

"Ahhh, now that hits the spot. Well then, you shouldn't keep John waiting. I'll give the others their coffee."

I thanked him and continued to walk in the building, heading straight for John's office. Once I reached it I knocked three times.......nothing.

I took a deep sigh and opened the door and made myself welcomed into his office, placing my coffee on his desk. I look around for a bit before getting bored, I make my way over to one of the chairs and sit down. I prop my elbow up on the arm of the chair and place my chin in my palm.

Half an hour passes and still no John, with how long it was taking him to get here I've come up with the idea that he was probably in the middle of interrogating someone.

John never really liked me witnessing interrogations because they can get too 'violent'. So he tries to do them super early in the morning so I can't make it to them, he knows I'm not a morning person.

It's just weird because I've already seen people killed in front of me in some of our cases and I've witnessed many other things on my own just by walking a block down the street.