Morning Surprise

I woke up with the sun blinding my eyes

I slowly rose up in bed to the sound of birds chirping outside, I left my bed with my night gown draped against my body as I made my way to the window. I look outside for a split second before shutting the blinds.

I really hate mornings.

After closing the blinds I went to my suitcase and picked out my outfit for the day, some nice pants and shoes with a light blue dress shirt with black suspenders. I even threw in a cute little black bow tie.

Once again I looked into the mirror and gave myself a boost of confidence to seize the day. I gave myself finger guns with a wink, I then looked up a bit into my reflection and noticed my hair was still a mess.

After fixing up my hair I checked the time, 6:15am. I never wake up this early, I guess I'm just excited to explore. With how early it was I suspected that John was most likely still asleep so I took this time to head downstairs to cook breakfast.

Luckily Edward uses his home as his office so I didn't need to worry about there being a kitchen or not. I was about to head downstairs until I noticed a room with the door wide open.

I gave a little peek inside and by god, it just screamed 'hoarder', papers were scattered everywhere. Edward's desk had paper towers forming and behind it was a bunch of unorganized file cabinets. His organizing skills were even worse than John's!

The only clean thing here was the couch where visitors would sit. I looked in astonishment at how messy it was, I then noticed he had a radio in the room. Guess he enjoys music while he works. I walked inside the messy room and made my way over to his desk.

No one seemed to be awake so I checked the time on the wall clock he had. 6:25am. I looked around the room once more and decided what I had to do. I'm going to clean this room spotless because this is just sad to look at. I guess breakfast can wait.

I turned on the radio which started to play quiet smooth jazz, I tapped my foot to the beat as I started to go through all the papers. This is way worse than what I expected.

Any files that said solved I put them in a stack in the corner of the room and whatever files of cases that haven't been solved yet I organized them by alphabetical order. While I was going through the papers the song that was playing had stopped and I was greeted to a very familiar voice.

I guess Edward had his radio automatically set to Alastor's station. I just shrugged my shoulders and continued to clean while listening to Alastor speak.

He wasn't saying anything too important yet and even started another song so I just continued focusing on cleaning. I went through all the file cabinets and organized them as well, once I was done I noticed that a lot more files could fit in.

So I went through the already organized files as I started to place them one by one in a cabinet. The moment I finished taking care of all the papers, the music Alastor had been playing ended and he started to speak again.

I took this as a time to take a break and sat on the couch that was in the room as I listened. I crossed one leg over the other and tilted my head back with my eyes closed, this felt nice.

"Now then folks you all must be dying to know the story I got for you this lovely morning! I know yesterday's story was a juicy one! Hahaha!"

Ah so he does stories every morning ok, nothing too suspicious.

"It has to do with the city's top detective Edward, news is he got New York's number one detective Johnson E. Stine and his beautiful assistant to help him on the serial killer case! Now isn't that wonderful folks?! HaHaHa!"