Bonding

I couldn't breath

After last night's nightmare I've been on edge. I couldn't look at the shadows in my room without seeing those fucking eyes. I need to get fresh air. I equip my holster and place my twin pistols in their own holster and put a jacket on to hide them.

Edward has been in his office all day and John is still in the hospital. I can't take it anymore, I'm going for a walk. I didn't even bother to give Edward a heads up I was heading out. I just really needed to go somewhere.

I walked for a good while, zoning out everyone and everything around me. Have I finally lost it? I kept thinking nonsense until my thoughts were interrupted by the laugh of children. I look to my right to see I made it to the city park, the same one where they found that lady's body.

I headed into the park and continued my walk. I took a turn only to hear something crack underneath my shoe. I lifted my foot and I found a broken pair of glasses on the floor. I picked them up for closer inspection but nothing, they were just broken glasses.

I sighed and put them in my pocket. I was about to leave the park until I bumped into someone. I backed up quickly and got in a little stance expecting the person to attack me. With nothing happening I looked up at the person I bumped into, seeing his face didn't make me lower my guard but I stopped doing my stance to make him not suspicious.

"What are you doing here Alastor? Never took you as someone to walk around a park by themselves." I asked while crossing my arms with a raised eyebrow.

He gives a small chuckle; "I could say the same thing for you my dear. I didn't think I would ever see you without one of your 'partners' accompanying you. Which I don't mind too much, just means I get the beautiful (Y/N) to myself!"

I rubbed the back of my neck with a blush but quickly turned my head away from him so he couldn't see it. "You got me there, I'm actually also trying to relax. Edward is very upset right now and I can't say that I'm doing better."

Alastor's face softened which I didn't think I would ever see. "Oh and what has you on edge my dear?"

I faced him again and let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding. "Just a bad dream, nothing to worry about."

"Nonsense my dear, you shouldn't be working under this kind of stress. Why not join me on my walk? Maybe we can fetch some lunch as well?" He then wraps an arm around my shoulder and starts to walk off with me. I guess I don't really have much of a choice now.

We walked for a good couple minutes until we reached 'Gus's Gals'. Alastor opens the door for me, in turn I give him a thankful nod as I walk in. Once Alastor himself entered the building we were greeted by a very happy Mimzy.

"(Y/N)! Alastor! Oh I'm so glad you too came back! We're still having the place repaired due to yesterday's fiasco! But don't let that stop you from enjoying a wonderful lunch!" She jumps up and down for a bit before we hear someone yell in the background.

"Mimzy! Get back to work! I ain't paying you to chit-chat!"

Her happy face falls to an annoyed frown. She excuses herself after she leads us over to a booth and gives us menus.

I watch her walk off until I can't see her anymore and turn to face the man accompanying me only to see that he's been staring at me with the face splitting grin.

Feeling awkward with the stare he was giving me I opened up the menu and tried to start a conversation; "So what do you plan on getting?" After saying that I glance a little over my menu to see him.

"I'll probably get wine with a steak." He hums.

At the mention of steak my head perks up. "They have steak?!" With that I was digging through the menu and surely not, they had sirloin steak. "I guess I'll have what you're having."

Alastor grins at that but doesn't say anymore.

I placed my menu down glancing at the bar around me, tables were missing, a front window was broken and I believe I could still see some blood stains in the floorboards.

Just as the music starts to play, I turn towards the stage to see the same chick from the bathroom yesterday about to perform. I grumble at this but don't let it get me down. Apparently she spotted me but it wasn't me she was interested in but the man across from me.

As she starts singing I can't deny she isn't bad, but Mimzy was way better. But as she sang she seemed to be keeping her eyes on Alastor which didn't go unnoticed by him but he didn't seem interested.

"So my dear, do you want to explain what has our favorite detective Edward so upset? I've known the man for years and I don't think I've seen him this upset to not come outside." Alastor starts.

'Should I really be giving this information to a prime suspect? Hell no! But I could give a small explanation with no major detail' I thought.

"We ran into a big bump in our investigation but it won't stop us." That's a good enough answer I think.

"Oh, would I be stepping a boundary if I were to ask what this bump was?" Alastor pestered.

"Yes, yes you will." I give a small glare at him.

"Understandable my dear, now why don't we change subjects. What made you want to be a detective?" he gave me a grin when he said this, I feel like even though he asked, he knew exactly what the 'bump' was.