Voodoo Emporium

Something didn't feel right

Edward walked me back to his place and he just seemed very off, he walked back into his office and seemed to lock himself in there.

The whole building smelt like smoke, I tried to follow the smell to see it coming from the kitchen. Was Edward cooking before he came to the crime scene? I walked into the kitchen and saw that the stove was on.

Getting a closer look at the stove I noticed a pile of letters on the counter next to it. And being the curious person I am, I started to dig through them. Nothing really caught my eye until the last letter, the envelope had very pretty handwriting.

It was addressed to Edward personally, and the handwriting seemed very familiar. Opening the letter I then realized that the letter was written by Mimzy.

'Meet me at the Cheshire hotel, I would like to personally talk to you about Alastor. And just so you know, I know all about Felix and what happened to him so don't you dare try anything or I will tell everyone.'

Right before I could start reading more I heard someone heading downstairs. "(Y/N) you cleaned my office a while back right? Do you know where my case files from February are?"

I started to panic as I shoved the letter into my pocket and turned off the stove so the house wouldn't burn down. I tried to collect myself to not look suspicious, I then saw Edward head into the kitchen. He looked at me for a split second until he remembered the letters.

"I see you found my junk mail."

I give him a little glare "Why don't you just throw them away like everyone else?"

"Well I already have all of my trash cans filled with papers already from when you cleaned." He stated.

"Why not take out the trash so your trash cans can be empty and usable? You know, like a normal person?" I asked while leaning against a counter.

"I'm just lazy." Edward said with a hint of worry and impatience. I closed my eyes, taking this as my opportunity to leave, "Understandable." I then left the counter and went past Edward.

"Well I need some sleep, today was pretty eventful. So I need all the rest I can get. Good night Ed." And with that I left Edward in the kitchen all by himself.

I headed up to my room, quickly locked the doors and slid down until I was on the floor. I broke down. I've seen death hundreds of times but for some reason Mimzy's death hurts me. I cried for a good hour until I had no more tears to cry.

I finally stood up and face planted on the bed and passed out.

Nightmare

I'm in a forest surrounded by thousands of trees. There was a looming fog and a quiet chirp of a cricket in the background. I walk around for a bit in confusion. I'm not used to my dreams being this livid.

I keep walking until I hear a scream, Mimzy's scream. I start to run like crazy.

Where is she?! I need to save her! I keep running but I can't see her. At one point her screaming stops. I frantically look around, calling out for Mimzy but nothing.

I fall to my knees, tears falling down my eyes. Footsteps start to be heard from in front of me. I looked up to who was there but what I saw was a tall buck, with antlers bigger than anything I've ever seen.

I reach a hand up to it.

But it was gone.

——————

Waking up in a cold sweat is something I despise, on top of me not being a morning person. I roll around in bed for a good hour before deciding to finally get up. I take a much needed shower. I sit on the bed for a while in a towel and just zone out.