Lost

I'm lost

I walked down the streets of New Orleans trying my best to find the morgue that we were at this morning but couldn't find it for the life of me, it was starting to get dark and my stomach was starting to growl.

I tried to ask the locals and most of them either said 'sorry I don't know.'
Or they would just plain out ignore my question. I started to lose hope and started to just walk aimlessly until I felt someone tug on my pants.

I looked down to see a cute little girl with pigtails, she was licking a lollipop and staring straight into my soul.

"Is there something you want, little girl?" I kindly asked, but all she did was shake her head and grabbed my hand. She began to pull me down the street, Was I being kidnapped by a kid?

We were still in the view of the public so I didn't take any action against her, all we did was walk in silence until she stopped and pointed to a building that was just ahead.

It was the morgue, I looked down at her and thanked her for taking me. How did this little girl know where it was? It is strange, but hey she helped.

She then pulled me again and brought me into the morgue, Edward saw us come in and came running to me. "Finally you're back, you took forever! Wait, where's John? Is he okay?!"

I sit down on one of the many lobby chairs and let out an exhausted breath. "It's kind of a long story."

"Well time is all I have, they're still doing the autopsy."
Edward then sits right next to me.

I look at him with widened eyes,
"They're still doing it? It's been hours!"

At those words I just noticed I made a grave error, it felt like life was in slow motion as I looked up to Edward who was just giving me the widest grin he could produce.

Oh no.

"That's what she said!"

Freaking knew it!!

Edward had a laughing fit for at least 3 minutes straight where if someone saw him with no context they'd think he escaped the loony bin. Hell even with context he still does!

I wait for his fit to end to finally tell him exactly what happened.

——————

After explaining everything he rubs his chin while thinking.
"This doesn't help too much, did you manage to ask John what he and Alastor spoke about at the bar?"

I shook my head.
"He looked like he was in so much pain so I didn't want to bother him."

Edward nods.

"That's understandable, well I'll have to see if I can visit him soon to get some info once he starts feeling better. This is just great, not even three days into it one of you guys got badly injured. I'm starting to feel like this was planned. He was the only one that was severely injured in the whole fight. As if someone was trying to kill him in that fight. They tried to use the fight as a cover up."

He's right, I managed to see all the people who participated in the fight get thrown into the paddy wagon and none of them needed to go to the hospital. Only John did. I lean my head back in thought until I feel a tug at my pants again. Oh yeah, the girl.

I looked down to say thank you to her but she wasn't there. I frantically looked around the morgue, she was nowhere.

"Ed, did you see where that little girl went? The one I came in with?"

Edward looks around and gives me a confused face.
"What little girl? You came in by yourself."

I turned pale once I heard this.

I looked around for the little girl but couldn't find her.
"What??!! That's impossible!!! Omg was she a ghost?? Do I have the 6th sense?!" I started to freak out.