John

A Couple Days Passed

I managed to come up with a plan to catch Edward and I already informed some officers to help out. Now the issue was, when should I try to confront him?

I woke up later than I wanted and noticed Edward was nowhere in the house. I quickly get dressed and equip my holsters and twin pistols. I grab John's present and bolt out the door.

I ran as fast as I could, but I didn't notice that a certain smiling fellow spotted me and decided to quietly follow.

I needed to get to the hospital soon before Edward could do anything to John!

I will kill that bastard if he touches even a single hair on John's head, I don't care if I get arrested for it. That bastard deserves what's coming to him!

I finally made it to the hospital, running inside I see the same older lady attending the front desk. I make my way over to her and she greets me with a smile. "Why welcome back Ms. Do you wish to visit Johnson?" She asked.

"Yes please, did someone else get here before me to visit?" I asked.

"Why yes indeed, Edward I believe just got here 10 minutes ago. I believe they're still talking." At that I freeze.

"Don't worry dear, John requested that a nurse stay inside his room as they spoke. So you don't have to worry about Edward trying to get John back to work soon, we want him to be fully rested before he is released."

At that I relax a bit, ok they aren't alone together.

"Let me inform John that you wish to see him."

And with that she left.

——————

I was outside of John's room with the present still in my hand. I hope he likes it. I knocked on the door until I heard John say I can come in. With that I open the door and make myself welcomed.

I look at Edward who is near John's bed, clearly annoyed that they couldn't be alone. Serves him right. I make my way over to John, ignoring Edward.

"I got you a gift old man!" I declare while holding the gift out in front of me so he can get a good look at the box.

"I'm not that old." John sighs.

"I don't know, 43 seems pretty old to me." I joked.

"If that's what you think then I don't want your gift." John pouts. I start to freak out and shake my head. "I was only joking! Please take the gift!" I placed the gift on his lap so he had to take it.

"Fine, but because you asked nicely." With that he begins to open the present. Opening the box he stares at the cane that rested on the inside.

"My lord (Y/N) this is amazing! How much did it cost?!" John asked, looking at me with wide eyes.

I smirk and lift my head up in triumph. "I'm glad you like it, and don't worry about the price. It was nothing if it meant you liked it!"

John looks at the cane and strokes his fingers against it. 'This kid sure does love to spoil me' he thought. A giant smile forms on his face.

"Thanks kid."

Edward was about to say something until the door to the room burst open. An officer comes in and seems to be out of breath. The nurse that was in the room jumps at the loud noise.

"There was another killing!" The officer announces.

Edwards sighs; "Just great. (Y/N) come with me, maybe we can talk later John?"