Funeral

God I hate crying

It's been a couple weeks since John's death and we're finally having his funeral.

I wasn't one to easily cry, but now........that's all that I could do, even when I thought I had no more tears.

I still managed to cry, my eyes were red and puffy. My face just screamed kill me now! I would rather be dead than to feel this torment, I hated myself due to his death, I hated myself because I couldn't save him.

I hated myself,

Because it was all my god damn fault.

If I just waited for a better time to confront Edward, John would still be here. I wouldn't have to be alone.

Thinking back to my plan, it was a pretty dumb one. And the fact that the officers even agreed to it stupefies me.

It was rash and totally unprepared, and for a "plan" it was really fucking unplanned....funny huh?

And now I'm living with the consequences. John is dead now because of me, and if there wasn't a killer to catch at this moment I would've shot myself a while ago.

But now, here I am, at his funeral. They just lowered his casket and everyone is taking time to grieve before they head home.

After an hour of just staring at his grave I decided to head out, Edward's little office home is being searched at the moment and so I'm going to be staying at a hotel for the rest of this murder investigation. I have been promoted to main detective because out of everyone, I was the only person left who knew the most out of the serial murder case.

I thought I always wanted to be a full fledged detective, but now. I despised it, I had to lose someone so close to me to get it. I felt sick to my stomach.

I headed to the hotel and went over to my room, locking the door behind me. All I did was stand there, staring off into space.

I just wanted to stay here and wait for the sweet relief of death to get me. But it was never going to come.

After an hour of just standing still, I made my way to the desk I had in the room and went through all the paperwork. I managed to gather all the evidence that Edward was holding back from John and I and by god he had so much I'm shocked he hasn't made a move to arrest Alastor sooner.

The fact that I calmly sat and ate with a cannibal killer sickened me! Once I get this case over with I don't plan on living anymore anyway so I might as well finish this case with a bang!

I began to pack my things, tomorrow was going to be my last day here. I planned on making a move to arrest Alastor tomorrow and than kill myself the day after.

Once all my stuff was packed I went to the window of the hotel room and looked outside at the busy city. So many innocent people, I will do my best to stop this killer one way or another!

I then leave the window and head to the bed in the hotel room. I plopped myself on it and closed my eyes. Tomorrow I was going to investigate this 'Shack' that Edward mentioned in his files. Apparently Alastor has been using it to store the human pieces he's collected for 'later use'.

Just thinking about it sickened me. So I try my best to fall asleep which luckily I managed to.

Nightmare

I was in the swamp at the 'shack' that has been mentioned so many times in Edwards files. I got to the door and open it slowly, peeking my head inside, what I saw made me want to vomit.

Human body pieces everywhere, a small kitchen that looked to be recently used and a small table in the center with a piece of 'meat' on a plate. I get closer to it and gag at the sight. I couldn't tell where in the body the 'meat' was from but it looked like it was moving.

I began to hear the 'meat' cry out in pain. Asking me to end its suffering. Begging me to eat it!

I stood there wide eyed at the talking 'meat'

"Kill me!"

"Eat me!"

"Make the pain go away!"

I backed away slowly but bumped into something, or was it someone? I slowly turn around in fear.

It was the same buck from my last dream, I'm shocked it even fit inside this small shack with it's large antlers.

It stared into my eyes for a second before I heard a weird bone cracking sound as it seemed the buck began to smile? It had razor sharp teeth as it just smiled staring me in the eyes.

It slowly walked closer, causing me to walk backwards towards the table with the ever crying 'meat' begging for death. I bumped into the table still staring at the buck before me.

"What are you waiting for, you look hungry." A voice played in my head, I kept looking at the buck but it's smile never moved.

"Stop holding back, eat." Was the buck talking to me?

"Eat it, or I'll eat you!" I froze at that. I began to hear that same bone crunching as the buck began to open its mouth to an ungodly size. I freak out at that and turn around to face the 'meat' before me.

"Please, eat me. Make the pain go away!" It called out.

I swallowed a lump in my throat. I can still hear the buck opening its mouth to eat me. I quickly grabbed the 'meat' in front of me and with hesitance.

I ate it.

And by god it tasted wonderful!

I kept eating the 'meat' until there was nothing left.

I heard a dark chuckle coming from behind me as I looked at my now bloodied hands.

"Good job, my dear."

Creepy :0