New Orleans

The streets were crowded with people

John and I pushed by the crowd quite easily cause we've dealt with New York crowds, this was nothing.

We decided to take a trolley to get to John's old partner's office, it was starting to get dark and we didn't know this city so we wanted to be indoors fast.

As we got on the trolley I took this time to admire the scenery, it was nothing like New York and I was actually pleased by this. Being in the same city for all your life really makes you want to go out and see more.

We've finally reached our stop and hopped off the trolley, we were at the edge of the city. Behind us was the beautiful city, but in front of us was an even more beautiful swampy forest.

I might have found it beautiful due to the fact I haven't seen anything like this before, but by John's expression I wasn't the only one who thought of it.

John then looked around trying to find the office building, it took him a good minute but he eventually found it.

We both walked up to the building but before anyone of us could knock the door opened.

A handsome young man, maybe a year or two older than me, came out. He was finely dressed and had beautiful brown hair, he wore a smile as he left the office.

"It was really nice of you to have me Edward but it's getting late and I can't miss my night show, you know that." The handsome stranger said as he was talking to Edward who came out right after him.

"Yes I know that, but you managed to dodge all of my questions again! It isn't looking good for you Al!" Edward was frustrated with the man in front of him.

"Next time I promise I'll answer them, maybe over some coffee?" The man said as he took another step down the office's front stairs.

The handsome stranger then turned around only to be faced with us, he adjusted his glasses a bit and turned back to Edward.

"I see you have some guest Ed."

Edward looks past the man to see us standing just below the steps, Edward's face then lights up.

"Al why don't I introduce you to them, because you're going to be seeing them more frequently."

Al looks to Edward with an amused face and turns back to us, I noticed he gave John a sort of hateful glare behind his glasses. I looked at John only to see he didn't notice. Al then turns to look at me, I just give him a smile and his glare relaxed as he turns back to Edward.

"Al may I introduce you to Detective Johnson and his assistant (Y/N), they're going to be helping me with finding the serial killer."
Edward said as he crossed his arms in triumph.

The man who I'm gonna assume goes by Al walks down the rest of the stairs and reaches for John's hand for a handshake.

John gave out his hand and the two shook hands for a bit but John wasn't amused.

"Now don't be a poor sport, you should smile more, mother always said you're never fully dressed without one." Al said as he ended the handshake with John.