The Flight

It was early in the morning

John and I were waiting at the runway for our pilot to get here. I sat down on my suitcase in boredom. I still haven't asked John why we were going to New Orleans so I might as well ask now.

"You know, you haven't fully told me why we're going to New Orleans John, why is Steve sending us to another city....in another state?"

"I didn't tell you?" He asked while stroking his chin.

"No you did not DJ."

John was taken aback a little by that nickname. "DJ?"

"Yeah, stands for Detective Johnson."

"Please never call me that again." He sighs.

"Fine, now back to my question, why are we going to New Orleans?"

"Well apparently my old partner needs help, he's now the main detective in Louisiana. And he just so happens to be having a hard time catching this serial killer in the city."

"Oh?" I raised my eyebrow at the mention of a serial killer.

"Yep, I guess he requested my help. So here we are."

"That's cool and dandy, it's just that we've never dealt with serial killers before. Or at least I haven't, New York is mainly drug dealing and that one or two murder that gets solved within a week."

"There are some things you don't know about me, let's just say serial killers used to be my forte when I was younger." John puffs his chest out a bit, what a show off.

I smiled at this and got back up once I saw our pilot making his way over here.

"I can't wait to see you in action then. All the stuff I get to learn." I jokingly said as I elbowed his arm.

Our pilot finally arrived and he wasn't looking the greatest, his hair was sticking out under his pilot cap and he looked like he'd been crying for the past hour.

He stands in front of John who offers his hand for a handshake. The pilot reached for it but quickly turned it into a hug as he just cried into John's shoulder.

John gives me a confused look as he pats the pilots back in comfort.

"Uhhh, is everything alright?" John asked as he tries to pull the pilot off of himself.

The pilot finally let's go and wipes his tears, "No." he said with a weak voice.

"Well I'm sorry to hear that but I believe we should be leaving for New Orleans now don't you think?" John asked as he went to grab his suitcase.

The pilot nodded, "Yes, yes we should." He seemed to be getting better at least.

He comes over to help with my suitcase which I thanked him for. "Yeah, sorry about that, it's just that bitch Brenda thought she could take Timmy and Cindy away from me!"

I got startled at his sudden outburst as I watched him put my suitcase away. I then hear someone coming up from behind us.