Death

It was the next morning

I still had everything packed up, good. I placed my suitcase neatly on my bed as I got dressed and equipped for today. Once I was prepared I left the hotel, I walked for a while trying to get to the swamps so I could look for that shack.

But I was stopped by a young looking officer. I looked him up and down, he was really young. He probably just turned 20.

"Uh, you're Ms. (Y/N) am I correct?" The young officer asked.

"Yes I am, who asks?" I raise a brow at him.

"Oh well, my name is Peter. The station positioned me to watch over you for the rest of your stay in Louisiana." He says.

This made my eye twitch. "And why is that?"

"Well there was a mishap, at the prison. Oh god how do I say this?" Peter began to fidget with his hands.

"Just spit it out, I don't have a lot of time." I bark, I didn't mean to be rude but right now I am going through a lot of things and just wanted to get today over with.

"U-uhm, Edward has managed to get loose." He finally says.

I widened my eyes at this! "Are you guys that stupid! You let him get away!?"

"We-well there was more t-to it but." He tried to speak but I stopped him.

"Save your breath, fine you can join me. Just know that today might be dangerous. I plan on arresting the killer today. So if you plan on sticking with me, be prepared." I state as I continue my walk.

Peter watches me as I walk away before snapping out of his daze and follows after me.

——————

Having Peter with me isn't so bad, got to talk to him a bit during our walk. It was going to be a while until we reached the swamp so I was currently waiting for him outside a coffee shop as he got us something to eat.

Looking around, nothing seemed out of the ordinary until I spotted a familiar person walking in the crowd. I didn't even need to call out to him because it seems he already noticed me and was on his way over.

"Good Evening (Y/N), how are you holding up?" Alastor asked as he stood before me.

"I'm doing okay, I've been put in charge of the investigation but-" I looked down for a split second before looking back at Alastor. It's really hard to keep a conversation with him knowing exactly 'WHAT' he is.

"But?" He repeated with a slight look of concern.

"Edward is on the loose, so I have to be careful. Now I have to deal with two killers that most likely want me dead."

Alastor's face dropped for a split second but returned to its usual happy nature; "Well that is no good at all, don't worry (Y/N) if you want I can be of service to you! I know a thing or too when it comes to a fight!" He did a little fighting pose which almost made me chuckle, almost.

"That's sweet of you to offer but I alre-"

"(Y/N), they ran out of everything bagels so would a plain one work?" Peter asked as he walked out of the coffee shop. I moved my attention to Peter and pouted.

"Not the everything bagels, man this world is cruel! Thank you though Peter!" I fully turned to him and grabbed the coffee and bagels meant for me. I take a sip of the coffee and instantly melt, "How did you know how I liked my coffee?" I chuckled while I took another sip.