Investigation

We reached the hospital

Alastor and I headed to the front desk where there was an older looking lady attending it. I walked up to her with a smile; "Is there any chance I can visit Johnson E. Stine?"

She looked at me for a second before looking towards Alastor, she seemed to be in thought before answering. "Sure thing, I believe I saw you when he was first checked in. I'll inform them that you're on your way."

I nod at her when I see her stand up to go inform them. We waited for a while until she came back. "He's ready to see you, you'll have 30 minutes before he needs to rest."

I give her a thumbs up and start to head to John's room, luckily I remembered it from last time. Alastor was following me from behind, should he be able to enter the room while I talk to John? I guess it really doesn't involve him but still. I glanced at him from time to time in thought. I guess I can let him enter with me, It will be up to John if he wants him to stay or not.

We make it to John's door, I give it three knocks until I hear a faint 'Come in'. I open the door and walk to John's bed, Alastor shuts the door to the room and decides to keep his distance.

"I didn't think I would see you until I was released from the hospital." John joked.

I roll my eyes at him. "You're like a father to me John, of course I will visit you. But sadly this visit is going to be more business than what I would like." I sigh.

"Oh and why not talk to Edward about it?" He raises a brow.

"That's the issue, it involves him. Do you know anything about an old partner of his named Felix?" I asked.

At that John seemed confused. "I do know about him but what does this have to do with anything?"

"I believe that Edward might be involved with a recent murder, the person who was killed was M-Mimzy." I whispered into his ear, not wanting Alastor to know about what I was investigating.

At this John's face pales. "She was killed?" He said in a louder whisper. Alastor most likely heard him. I nod to confirm his question.

I reach into my pockets and hand him the letter that was sent to Edward from Mimzy. "Just read this."

John looks through the letter multiple times as if to clarify if what he was reading was true or not. With that, he crumbles the letter in his hands and looks straight up to Alastor. "Sorry to be rude, but can you please wait outside while I talk with (Y/N)?"

Alastor nods "Of course!" And with that he was out of the room.

John looks me straight in the eyes. "Where did you get this letter?"

"It was in the kitchen, It was one of the many that Edward seemed to be trying to burn." I answer.

John sighs and looks outside the window. "Felix was Edwards first partner before me and he joined forces for a couple years. All I knew was that he was killed in the middle of a case, some say his death was accidental but others say there was some dark magic behind it. No 20 year old just drops dead from a heart attack."

"A heart attack?" I ask, heart attacks normally happen to people in their 60's and older, it's very rare for someone so young to die from a heart problem. Only 4% to 10% of all heart attacks affect men before 45. So this was very rare and strange.

"I didn't believe it whatsoever that it was an accident or just a health problem. And so while I worked with Edward I did my own investigation and have come up to the conclusion that a voodoo doll was used to stop his heart. And the day after he died Edward seemed to have solved the case and got a lot of fame and sympathy." John starts; "I had high belief that it was Edward who did it but it was too late for me to do anything about it now, I was already in New York and had a bunch of cases riding my ass. I guess I forgot after all these years. I guess old age is finally getting to me."