4: Bruised Bodies

POV: Hazel     

After the shittiest first day possible I was finishing up at my locker when I got a text.

Mace <3: meet me at my locker?

not wanting to have to suffer any more humiliation in here I thought it'd be best if I just waited outside. 

me: i'd rather get out of here as soon as possible

me: i'll meet you at the car

Mace <3: ok, see ya

Shoving my phone in my book-bag, I walked to the parking lot with my head down. I didn't want to bring any more unwanted attention to myself.

When I got to the car, it was locked. Damn it. Now I have to stand here and wait for Mason.

"Look who we have here" someone said. There was a group of girls and a few boys starting to walk towards the car. 'Where are you' I thought in my head. 

"Isn't it little miss slut" another girl said, crossing her arms over her chest and looking at the others. "I'm surprised people would even sleep with you." One of the guys in the back said. 

Well that was hurtful. 

"Yea I mean who would want that!" the same girl from before said gesturing to my whole being. I admit I wasn't dressed as nice as they were in my leggings and t-shirt, with my hair up in my usual bun, but I didn't see what the problem was. 

I tried walking back to the school to see if I could find a mason but a large body stepped in front of me. "Where do you think you're going, Hazel?" a menacing and deep voice said above me. 

"Leave me alone Nick" I said without looking up. "And why should I? you're the one who was begging for my attention no more than 5 months ago." he said, making me cringe. 

I was very upset when he broke up with him so I begged him to stay with me. At the time I didn't realize how bad our relationship actually was. Now, I hate him. I try my best to avoid him and scold the back of his head every chance I get. 

"Stop," I said , looking at him with as much confidence as I could. "And what are you gonna do about it? you're just a weak little slut who no one cares about" He said, getting louder as he progressed his sentence. 

At these words, my eyes started to tear up. "That's enough Nick" I heard a new voice yell. He wasn't from the original group that approached me. "Why haven't you left yet?" he said quietly. "I'm waiting on Mace, Mason I mean" I said correcting myself. 

"Do you need a ride home?" he continued. "No, he should be here any minute" I said looking around for him. 

He turned around and Nick stepped back and this new guy stepped in between us. "Standing up for your slutty little girlfriend now aren't ya? Oh wait, I forgot, she is too worthless to have a boyfriend" he said looking over the guys shoulder. The others started laughing as he said this. 

"I said that's enough!" the guy said, getting up in his face. "Back off Hunter," Nick spat, shoving this Hunter dude back away from him, "This doesn't involve you". "Oh yea? well why don't you pick on someone your own size next time" Hunter said, pushing Nick's shoulders. 

"Don't start with me," Nick said, pointing at Hunter, "Since when did you start sticking up for a slu-" He was cut off by Hunter's fist colliding with his jaw. After that it was all swinging limbs and grunting bodies as the two went at each other with such aggression, it looked like they were trying to kill each other. 

I backed up against the car trying to get as far away as I could, as more and more people circled around the two boys. By this time I saw Mason running towards me. Thank god.