13: Traitor

POV: Hazel

There were a lot of things running through my mind as I stood, letting the hot water run down my body. Why was this happening to me? Why now? Who would do this? Thinking about it only upset me more so I tried to think of something else.

Having Mason back to normal was nice. And I made up with Jackson. I was glad we talked things out and each came to an understanding. I wasn't quite sure why he hugged me but I didn't mind it.

Then there's Hunter. I didn't really know what to think about him. He got into a fight over me. He helped me pick up my papers before lunch. And he offered to help with the unknown numbers messages. I know Mason could easily help with those but I didn't want to annoy him too much with them so I was glad to have someone else to talk to.Which reminded me that I needed to text him about the newest message.

I finished rinsing the suds out of my hair and dried myself off, putting a large t-shirt and some old Nike shorts on. I didn't care if I looked like a wet mop around Mason. He'd seen much worse of me.

I walked into my room seeing Mason look up from his phone. The screen lit up again, causing him to look back down. He looked upset but I couldn't figure out why. He quickly recovered, smiling at me and said "feel better?" "A little" I said, going to sit next to him.

He stiffened when I sat down, but it was very slight. I don't know what that's about.

"I'm tired" I said, to no one in particular, yawning. "Yea, Me too" He said, standing up. "Good night Hazel" he said, leaving my room. I kind of wanted him to stay but he was already gone.

Since he was gone, I texted Hunter about the new message.

Me: Hey, you up?

It was kind of late and it was a school night so I wasn't sure if he would be awake. I was proven wrong when he texted me shortly after.

Hunter: Yea I'm up. Everything okay, Hazel?

Me: Not really. I got another message earlier.

Me: *attachment: 1 image*

Hunter: I'm so sorry Hazel. How are you doing?

Me: I'm doing better. Mason helped me calm down a bit. I just don't understand why this is happening to me.

Hunter: You don't deserve any of this. Whoever it is must be jealous of you.

Jealous of me? But why? I mean I'm nothing special to look at, and I'm not really good at anything.

Me: No, I don't think so. There's nothing to be jealous about

Hunter: Hazel, you are such a kind and beautiful girl. Everyone should be jealous of you.

He thinks I'm beautiful? My thoughts on Hunter might start to change, for the better, if he keeps up the sweet talk.

Me: well thank you.

Hunter: Any time. And if you need me for anything, don't hesitate to text me. I'll always be here.

Me: Thanks Hunter. For everything. Good night.

I turned my phone off and plugged it in to charge. My screen lit up with a notification, but i didn't check it. My eyes were already starting to droop.

I woke up to the sound of knocking on my door. "Hazel, c'mon, we're gonna be late!" Mason said loudly through the door. I looked at the clock realizing we had to be at school in twenty minutes.