15. Insta-Stalking

Chapter 15:  Insta-Stalking

Mason

Throughout all of practice all i thought about was what i was going to say to Jackson. 

'Hey dude, i'm sorry for being a total ass, but i'm being forced against my will to date Kayla The Witch so she stops sending horrible anonymous messages to Hazel because i love her and i don't want anything bad happening to her and i cant tell anyone or Kayla will make things 2 times worse" is what i settled on with smaller details here and there for when he has questions.

When practice ended at 5 i gave Jackson one last look as a please-i-really-need-you-to-do-this-for-me and hoped he would come. As i drove home i thought about how much i had screwed up in the last few weeks. 

I barely see Hazel anymore besides meals with the family and occasionally in the hallway with that Hunter guy. I really hated seeing her happy with another guy but i knew she deserved the happiness after all i have put her through. 

I pulled up the driveway to see an unfamiliar truck in the driveway. I collected all my things from the car and walked in to see Hunter of all people on the couch with his arm wrapped around Hazel. 

Hazels mom asked me how practice was and i gave her the basic "it was good, we did drills and shooting practice" and continued my way through the house, trying to get to the shower before any further interaction happened. 

To my disliking, Hazel saw me pass by the living room and called me in there. "Yes?" i said flatly, "i was gonna go shower". "You can shower after this. It won't take long." hazel said, but i couldn't read the expression on her face. "You remember Hunter, right? From the day of the fight?" she said, sounding bored already. "Yeah?" i said wondering where this was heading. 

"Well we've been hanging out a lot, and i jut wanted to let you know that were dating now." she said as-a-matter-of-factly. "Good for you Haze" i said slightly disappointed, turning to the direction of the stairs to go shower. "Hazel" she corrected, with a hard look on her face. "Yea...right" i said looking back at her with a sigh. I saw her expression change only briefly to sadness, but then right back to before.

After my quick shower, i saw a message from Kayla. Once we made it official she insisted i used her number instead of insta to make it look more "believable".

Kayla: so you finally met Hazels new boyfriend huh?

Me: How did you know that?

What the hell? This is getting creepy.

Kayla: *attachment 1 image*

I was a picture from the living room window. I could see myself looking at them. All you could see was the back of their head and hunters arm around hazels shoulder. Forget creepy, this was psychotic.

Me: what the hell Kayla? Why are you still stalking us??

Kayla: me? Stalking? Never. But i have my ways. I need to keep an eye on you to make sure you're keeping up your end of the deal.

Me: idc how you're doing it, but this IS stalking. And i can't help it that i live with Hazel. You're just going to have to trust me.

Me: none of your "rules" for this relationship included stalking us. So please stop.

Kayla: i told you its not me doing it. I have my resources...but i'll tell them to give it a rest. Unless you start giving me reasons not to trust you. So choose wisely how much you're willing to risk.

Geez. shes even crazier than i realized.

I got ready and drove myself over to the diner. I didn't fully trust that Kayla wouldn't keep stalking me so i devised a plan.