17

"Pranam kakashree, kakishree." Siyanshi and Arjuna greet Somnath and Tara who got off from their carriage first. "Ayushman bhava." they bless. "Maa! Baba!" Siyanshi hugs her parents who hug her back. "Pranam maa, baba." Arjuna seeks for their blessings. "Ayushman bhava." the two blesses.

"The rooms for your stay have been prepared. Please allow me to lead you." Siyanshi says and leads them to the palace where their rooms were arranged. "How have you been putri? Is everything fine here?" Tara asks, placing her hand on her niece's head. "Yes, kakaishree. I have been well, everybody here is extremely kind to me. How have you all been?" Siyanshi asks. "We all are well as well putri. It's just that the palace is now no more lively and chirpy as you are not there anymore." Somnath says.

"Dear, go and help your in-laws. I know you must have a lot of work pending." Samudra says. "If you say so. But I will be coming back later." Siyanshi says and goes. "Mata vaidehi!" Suthanu pops up from a corridor hugging her mata's waist earning a chuckle from her. "Mata! You promised to make- teach attika to make dishes from your kingdom today." Sutasom pops up as well along with the rest of the brothers. The 5 follow Siyanshi like how ducklings follow their mother with Suthanu still hugging Siyanshi. "She is being well taken care of... our ladli has grown so much..." Tara says as she watches the figure of her daughter disappear in the corridor.

"Rani sa? Are you okay?" Survi asks. "Yes... I am" Siyanshi replies. "I have been seeing that from the past week your diet has changed quite a lot.... The foods that you used to like... you seem to have distaste for it now. Your basal temperature too is frequently rising and dropping. Are you taking enough rest?" Survi asks worriedly. In these past few months Survi and Siyanshi have grown extremely close.

"You always complain about how much your husband has been overworking himself but you never take care of yourself." Survi says. "Mata? Is everything okay?" Prativindhya asks. "Yes, putra. Why are you here? Do you need something?" Siyanshi asks as it was unusual for Prativindhya to come to her at this hour.

"Yes, it's Sutasoma and Suthanu. Suthanu wants to cook and Sutasoma is hungry. But mata Panchali and mata Subhadra are busy." Prativindhya says. "Survi! You take care of here! I will be back in a moment." Siyanshi says and goes to the kitchen with Prativindhya. "Mata!!!" Sutasoma comes to Siyanshi dramatically. "Where were you mata?!! Don't ever leave this putra of yours alone or I will die!!" Sutasoma says dramatically. "Don't say such things. You are too young to say such nonsense." Siyanshi says tying her uttariya tightly.

"What do you all want to eat?" Siyanshi asks. "We will eat whatever you want to." Shatanika says. "Whatever I want to?" Siyanshi asks, making them nod. "What do you want to eat, mata?" Shrutakarma asks. "I... what do I want to eat?" Siyanshi questions herself. "I want to eat dorito flavored ice cream rolls with pickles on top of it and lemon squeezed on it..... But I can't get it here now can I?" Siyanshi asks herself mentally and sighs. "How about puchka?" Siyanshi says, clapping her hands.

"What is puchka mata?" Shrutrasena asks, confused along with the rest. "You guys don't know these dishes right? Ofcourse you don't." Siyanshi says awkwardly remembering the first time she mentioned these bengali dishes to be made back in her home at Videha.

"Puchka are deep fried round balls of semolina filled with a mixture of boiled and mashed potatoes, green chillies, masalas and chickpeas which are served with delicious tangy and spicy water made of jeera, chillies, tamarind, chillies and pudina." Siyanshi says excitedly as it has been a while since she ate them.

"Just listening to it is watering my mouth." Sutasoma says. "Teach me how to make those mata." Suthanu jumps in the picture. "If so then come here. Could you smash the boiled potatoes and add a little spice in them. Don't keep it too much or you won't be able to handle it." Siyanshi says and starts preparing everything needed for the puchka.