Chapter 11

Harry's POV

It was cold. An icy pond surrounded me as I drowned in it's waters. Reaching the surface was impossible as the ice hardened and blocked the surface. I banged my frozen hands against the ice, my lungs burning and my mouth threatening to open.

"Harry, please." A soft voice called. It sounded like they were crying.

There was a pressure on my forehead, it was cold and wet.

The icy pond disappeared and I was just surrounded by darkness. I felt someone's hand in mine and I desperately wanted to find out who it was. They were warm, compared to the cold chills running through my body. I could feel myself shake slightly, even though I could feel several blankets surrounding me.

Slowly, I was able to force my eyes open. The room was dark, only lit by some candles on the bedside table.

I looked at the hand holding on tightly to mine, my eyes shifting up the person's arm and resting on their face.

I noticed platinum blonde hair, the same hair I have sometimes thought wasn't a natural color, even though it balanced the rest of his features so elegantly.

His sharp chin and slim, yet tall frame. His lightly pink tinted lips, set on a frown and his grey eyes that were currently covered by his other hand as he leaned against the bed I laid on.

I could feel his hand tremble in mine, whether it was from him crying or something related to the other times I've seen them tremble, I wasn't sure.

He took a shaky breath, still having his face covered, like he just needed to disappear for a moment, from reality. Step out of the frame and recollect himself.

Another chill washed through me and I shivered. Making a whimpering sound while curling myself into a ball to help keep warm, but my body ached.

It felt like the Hogwarts Express had hit me. Every part of my body hurt and my head pounded.

Draco heard the whimper and gasped as he dropped down his hand.

"Harry!" He called.

I gave him a small, timid smile, the memories of what happened flooding my mind.

Malfoy handed my glasses over to me and I placed them on my nose, happy to finally see him fully and not just a blurry outline.

I noticed the small cuts on his usually clear face and a faint bruise right below the lip.

Tears flooded my eyes as I took in the rest of him. The ripped clothes and the white collared shirt tainted with stains of blood.

"I-I'm so sorry!" I cried out, sitting up in the bed, though my body protested and my head pounded. Draco shook his head quickly.

"No. Don't you dare apologize. This wasn't your fault." He told me truthfully.

I didn't agree. After all, it was my magic that hurt him. "Malfoy, I didn't mean to hurt you. I-If I was in better control of my magic then you wouldn't have gotten hurt!"

"I know that Harry. I know you didn't mean to hurt me, but listen, don't blame yourself. This isn't something that you can help right now."

I turned away from him, my head casted downward. "I should be able to," I whispered.

Malfoy sighed. "You vanquished the dark lord. It's not entirely surprising that there were some repercussions. The two of you were connected, after all. Weren't you?" He laid his hand on my own, gaining my attention to look up at him.

"Y-Yes." I watched Malfoy's eyes sadden. Knowing that the suspicions that everyone else had about me and Voldemort were true.

"I'm sorry," He said, squeezing my hand lightly. I found it oddly comforting coming from him. "We'll figure this out."