Chapter 17

Harry's POV

A potion that is strong enough to knock a person out and nearly kill them. What kind of potion could that be? Surely there is not a ton of potions that can do this. Also, this would have to be someone more advanced, at least a sixth year. A potion like this definitely can't come from someone younger, it's too complex.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes. I have spent nearly three hours in the library looking for anything that could explain what happened to that kid, but so far my luck has run dry.

Usually it's Hermione doing all the research, but I don't want to bother her with something like this. I chose to get involved and help that kid out, and it wouldn't be right of me to get anyone else involved.

"Harry, how long have you been here?" a voice called. I looked up to find Draco approaching me. He sat across from me at the secluded table I sat at.

"Not long," I said.

"I haven't seen you all day. Shouldn't you be packing?" he asked.

I groaned and rubbed my eyes again. "I forgot. The train leaves tomorrow morning, doesn't it?"

"Yes, you promised your friends you would see them this Christmas."

"I know, I know," I mumbled and placed my head on the table. "I just don't think it's a good idea."

"Harry, they're your family. Surely you would rather enjoy the holidays with them instead of being alone." He placed a hand over mine.

"It's not that. The Weasley's will always be my family, but how am I supposed to face them?" 

"What do you mean?"

I sat up and looked away from him. "I-It's complicated. I'd rather not say."

Draco quirked an eyebrow. "I can tell this is bothering you. I can't help you if you don't tell me what's wrong."

"It's not something anyone can help with." I crossed my arms in defense.

"You don't know that until you tell me," he tried to reason.

I stared at Draco for a long minute. 

He has helped me so much as of late. I'd hate to bother him with even more of my problems. Draco should be focused on seeing his mother again soon, but instead, he is sitting here trying to comfort me.

I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but this is something I don't even know how to put into words. Besides, he has family to worry about just as much as I do. There is no point in stressing him out.

Draco pursed his lips. "Alright. You don't have to tell me. I'm here if you want to talk though," he said. 

He looked off to the side in thought. My stomach twisted a little seeing his clouded over look. I was not ready to tell him why I have a hard time going to the Weasley's, but perhaps there is still a way to get him involved. "Draco, perhaps I have a suggestion."

He looked up at me. "A suggestion?" he questioned.

"Yes," I said. "One of the reasons that I am nervous to go back to the Weasley's is because I am worried about my magic."

"Okay," he said, not quite sure where this was going.

"Well, would you maybe like to go with me?" 

"Go to the Weasley's with you?" I nodded, and I noticed his cheeks tint a small red.

He's the only person who has successfully calmed me down when my emotions get too high. He has helped me in so many different ways that it only makes sense for him to come with me.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jul 16, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Overwhelming Magic (Drarry)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें