♯ 𝗱𝗶𝘅.

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙴𝙽

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙴𝙽.

Getting up early was always a no. Both of them were the type to sleep in till whenever they felt it was right to move. Sleep was something easy, something calm.

To her at least, Kenma couldn't remember the last time he had gotten a good night's rest.

Today was one of his free days, he had finally gotten an official vacation, about five weeks off from college- and not just him skipping because he was tired. He deemed that he would head down to the mall for a new game he saw advertising on the television.

When he got there, he almost instantly regretted it. There were way too many people and he had to do too much talking. Besides asking for the games he wishes to purchase, he didn't really want to speak.

She sat in a criss-cross position on the floor in front of him, "Y'know Ken..Since you have problems talking to strangers and I talk too much, I could speak for you!" she chuckled at her own idea, "Ken, can I be your voice?"

He sighed and cursed his brain for bringing up that memory. He had gotten way more games than he had originally planned but he didn't mind. Though the problem would certainly appear if he didn't have any money for food and to get back home.

He probably spent a little over half of the money he had. "Shit!" he cursed as he counted the money, it was enough to do the important things, but not enough to do anything else. So, he made his way to the food area.

Again, and again his brain replayed the same sentence.

"Ken, can I be your voice?"

It was on a loop in his mind and it made it hard for him to focus. Her voice just seemed to get louder every time he told it to shut up. He had agreed to her being his voice back then, so why was it back now? Was it because he had no one to speak for him now?

It made his head hurt. For someone who caused him so much hurt, his brain just didn't want to let go.

He was so wrapped up in it, so caught up in getting the voice to shut up and getting his brain to forget her, that he bumped into someone. After he apologized for the trouble caused, he went about his way again. Or at least, he tried to.

"..Kenma?" she whispered as she gripped his hand to stop him from walking, "You doing okay?" she knew it was a stupid question, but he seemed really troubled. She wasn't the one he bumped into, but she saw the whole thing happen and it made her worry.

He didn't even realize it was her..was that why she stopped him?

He looked down at her hand and then back at her, "I'm okay?" he murmured but it sounded more like a question. He knew that she'd see through the facade he attempted to put up, she always did.

It was why they went together so well.

She didn't bother to remove his hand, and he didn't care to move it either. They just stood there as everyone passed.

She sighed as she looked into her purse, finding a way to do it without dropping his hand in fear that he would walk away. "Okay! I have....about..fifty? Fifty dollars!" she gasped and placed the purse back.

If it was something Kenma realized about her was that; she was a different person when she had money and was hungry. She was more bold and more blunt in getting the things she wanted. It didn't make sense to Kuroo or anyone else but to him, it was completely understandable.

"Let's go get coffee?" She said and it came out as a question, but they both knew that it was more of a statement than a question, since she basically dragged him to the coffee shop across the street.

After they both placed their orders and received them, they took a seat. Kenma was more confused than ever. He didn't understand what was going on, but he assumed that she really didn't know either and just acted out of impulse since she always tended to do it.

He didn't even forget the little things.

"We have to talk, Kenma," she said as she placed down her food. He sighed as he stole a glance from her.

It was way too soon for this.