♯ 𝗵𝘂𝗶𝘁.

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃.

It seemed that sitting outside on the lawn was a bad idea, all it seemed to do was trigger old and heart-wrenching memories.

Memories you'd never get over.

After you collected yourself you took another glance down the gap. You couldn't help it. It was late, so you really weren't expecting to see him or anyone outside or even up.

However, when you glanced further up at what you thought was just a vacant room at his house- you saw him. He wasn't looking your way, he had his attention on what looked like a game.

You stared for a while, admiring the boy. He hadn't changed much but his hair had gotten a little longer. The eye bags were still very apparent on his face, if even possible, they had gotten darker.

You were looking for longer than expected because after a while, he turned and looked through the window. The same window you were previously eyeing.

You both locked eyes for a moment. To say that he was shocked was an understatement.

He already knew you were here, but to actually see you made him a bit giddy, especially since you were staring holes into his head.

You finally looked away from the window, mostly because he had drawn the curtain closed from embarrassment. You took that as a sign to go inside and started packing up the snack wrappers to put them in the trash.

Once you finished that, you attempted to make your way inside. But hearing a hushed voice and what sounded like Mochi, the cat you had got for Kenma- you stopped.

You turned around to face the noise, and after seeing who it was your cheeks slightly got heated, "Hello," you awkwardly waved when you both made eye contact. He was slightly hunched over through his bedroom window- attempting to take Mochi off of his roof.

You didn't know why you spoke to him, but in all honesty, it felt wrong not to. Even if he didn't answer, at least you attempted to close the distance between you two.

He just gave a simple nod towards you at your words. To you, it seemed like he really couldn't be bothered speaking to you, but in all honesty, he was too flustered to speak- and also scared to fall through the window.

After he got ahold of the cat and brought it inside, he turned his attention to you, "It's um...it's.....nice to have you back," he mumbled, he was a bit unsure of what exactly to say in the situation, especially if he wanted to at least seem like he cared.

He could easily be mistaken for being nonchalant or rude when he's unsure of what to say.

He knew you got the message because you nodded with a small smile and headed inside.

He too did the same, closing his window and began moving toward his bed.

"It would be nice if we saw her again right?" he said to really no one in particular since halfway through his statement his cat, Mochi walked outside.

"It really would be."