♯ 𝗱𝗶𝘅-𝘀𝗲𝗽𝘁.

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽.

He caressed her head gently as she laid on his chest. Neither of them moved from the position - as it held an unconditional warmth. They both wanted to stay like this forever - in the arms of the other, with silence and warmth.

But things change.

She leaned back to look at the boy. "I have to go out today, to the supermarket I think." she murmured letting him know that it was almost time to let go. It was morning now - they had been like this since last night.

Lovesick.

Attached.

Though neither played it any thought.

She drew infinite shapes of love on his arm, "you can come if you want." She said. He looked down at her and smiled softly before looking away thinking of an answer. He was hesitant, of course, he was, he wanted this to last forever. The fear of them not going back to this; of him messing up - was greater than ever.

He wanted to be with her; he wanted to go. But he couldn't find the peace of mind; the part of him that wasn't overthinking every little thing. But nonetheless, he told her yes; he would tag along.

She could tell he was hesitant; unsure of something. She knew that even though he said he didn't want to take things slow, going slow would eventually become the normal pace.

"How about we buy stuff to bake an apple pie, Kenma?" she questioned. She didn't want to rush him or make him think that he needed to rush. Slow was okay with her; she just wanted to stay with him.

His face lit up a bit and it make her let out a slight chuckle. She knew he remembered. All those times when they'd bake stuff at random hours in the morning, after school, or in situations like this; where Kenma needed to relax. Them baking together was a sense of calmness for him; especially if it was an apple pie. Her mother had the best recipe, but they never perfected it.

Something would always go wrong. They had made it a mission and a promise, to finally bake the correct pie in the summer but she wasn't there.

He didn't perfect it on his own either, it wasn't the same; baking it wasn't the same either. So until now, he was buying from the supermarket. A small apple pie that couldn't even run a competition with Y/n's mother's, but it sure kept the memories of her at bay.

He seriously needed to let it go.

She was here now, why couldn't he accept that? He kept on putting her at fault, getting distracted by blaming her; when she was right here in front of him ready to start over. She was sorry, he knew that. But still, his mind blamed her.

They walked to the supermarket since it wasn't far and began to shop. Kenma just wandered behind her as he didn't actually come for anything. They walked around for a good twenty minutes before checking out and leaving with about four bags in total.

"I'll go drop these off at home real quick." she said as the pair neared Kenma's house. She went inside her house to place down and sort what she bought, while Kenma went into his house to get things ready for the apple pie.

They both were alone with their thoughts now. Even though it wasn't, they both took the time alone as a moment to regroup and reflect on what happened in the last twenty-four hours. The conversation, the hug, the hand-holding. Everything. Everything was running through their minds as they spent little time away from each other.

Kenma, for one, hated it. He hated how empty he felt, how boring everything seemed to get as soon as she went home- even though she was coming back. He only felt like this when they were together, but they weren't right now; and yet, it felt like they were.

He missed her. But she was right across the street, and yet it felt like she was in America again. Far away from his grasp.

He waited for her to come back in silence. When she got back they began to bake.

It was a disaster.

First, "Oh...you said three cups? I did four..." She misheard the measurements Kenma called out. That was easily fixable- but preheating the oven to the wrong heat wasn't. "I said 350! 3-5-0!" Kenma exclaimed in disbelief when he went to check the pie process.

Overall, the pie wasn't necessarily that bad. But she was distracted. On a normal day, it was Kenma who got everything wrong, so it was a bit shocking when she kept on messing up but he never called her out. He just slowly and silently tried to fix her mistakes.

"Another failure to document. " She murmured as she fell into the couch in his living room. The only good part about them baking the pie was that they did it together, everything else about it to her was terrible. She wasn't embarrassed though because it still tasted good.

"Yeah, you okay?" she heard him say as he looked at her from the kitchen, since it was an open space he was able to see her clearly and her the same. "You seem a bit distracted." she nodded at him with a smile that he didn't like.

They both seemed to let out a sigh and he moved and took a seat next to her on the couch.

"I've been thinking Y/n and I realized that we still haven't actually talked about us." he said which made her freeze in place because the same thought had been haunting her brain since they parted ways along with all the things they did. It was like a constant loop, playing over and over again just reminding her that she was still in love with him.

...What??