♯ 𝗾𝘂𝗶𝗻𝘇𝗲.

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽.

The tension between the two died after some time and the movie was put back on. Mochi, like always, was in-between the two like a barrier- stopping them from getting any closer. The cat, much like its main owner, hadn't seen the girl since she had left.

"I think Mochi missed you." he said as he watched the cat snuggle closer into her arm. Mochi was a gift given to him by Y/n for his birthday the year before she left. She saw it while she was volunteering at an animal shelter, and said it reminded her of Nekoma and Kuroo.

Though she didn't lie. The cat, Mochi, was strictly all black with blue and yellow swirled eyes. Her eyes deeply reminded him of a volleyball. He formed a deep bond with the cat the minute he saw her. The duo cared for Mochi like a human being- a child. She was spoiled to the core.

"Or she just loves me more." she laughed as she shrugged. He shrugged as well, not wanting to push the conversation any further. They both took care of Mochi well so he'd just leave it there. However, an awkward tension found itself back between them.

She felt like the boy wasn't saying all that he wanted to say- that he was holding back. The conversation earlier felt like only the tip of the iceberg. But she wasn't sure how to bring it about.

"Is there anything else you have to tell me Kenma? Since we're doing this whole...talk?" she questioned. It honestly seemed like he had a lot on his mind, and she felt like it was because of her.

She understood if he didn't want to talk anymore given their situation, but it would be better if they got all they had to say out since they were apparently starting fresh.

"What did you do in America?" he suddenly brought up, "Did you like it?"

The question had her startled- would she tell him? The overall experience in the foreign place was okay. Her experience with college, however? Not one she wished to speak heavy on. "It was decent." was the best answer she could give to summarize it all.

He hummed with a short nod, "How was college? are you here on break?" Again, Kenma was never really someone to not read in between the lines- so of course, he caught on. She kept her secret safe with Kuroo- who she was sure didn't tell Kenma. But some things just didn't make sense to him.

He was just that good at reading people. Especially her.

"I- um...dropped out." she hesitated. She was scared of his reaction. College is what got them into this whole mess and she didn't even last a full term? She was sure he was thinking that.

But it was really the opposite. Though he didn't wish badly on her, he knew she wasn't the type of person for college. When they were together in school, she had a hard time working under pressure and with people she didn't know. He just wasn't sure if she grew out of it.

It was a big leap for her, even if she didn't make it all the way. She could always try again later on. It was okay. He just wasn't sure how to show her that. Telling her wouldn't work, so there had to be something he could do that would show the words he meant.

So he opted for a hug. He pulled her into his embrace. He shifted a bit so she was now in between his legs with her body on his chest, his arms were lazily put around her waist and her head laid on his shoulder.

Just like old times.

They didn't say anything at first. Her being too shocked to speak- and him trying to find his words. "You did well. Even if you didn't finish, I'm proud of you. You made it far." he whispered as he gently ran his hand across her back.

After a while, when the words actually registered in her mind, she started to cry. The words he spoke were like a key and the locked wall that hid her emotions was now open. She thought she had let him down. She thought that he would be mad- that he would resent her. But he didn't, and that alone made her feel guilty. It made her sad, it made her eyes swell up with tears- it made her apologize several times over the moon to the boy who held her as she cried pitifully in his arms.

She hurt him, and left him for her own gain. But he still held her, he kept her close. Dangerously close. He didn't care. Her being hurt didn't put a smile on his face, it put a dent in his heart.

He could tell she needed it. That she needed to cry- to let it all out.

So he just held her like he used to. It was all he could do. She already knew his heart ached for her, it always did.

And maybe it always will.