♯ 𝗱𝗼𝘂𝘇𝗲.

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙻𝚅𝙴

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙻𝚅𝙴.

Kenma wasn't wrong, he never really was.

So why even try to explain when he already knew? What good would it do you or him by proving his point all over again? Maybe the closure here right now wasn't for him. Maybe this was the time for her to accept and actually live with her actions.

For the beginning half of the conversation, it was just her clearing her chest and further correcting his theory. And although he already knew all of this from Kuroo and her mom, he still listened to every word that spilled from her lips, she had his full attention.

He occasionally gave small hums or short nods to notify the female next to him that he was listening, but besides that, he didn't speak. It was her time and he felt like if he interrupted her she wouldn't give the whole story like she would if he just listened first and speak after.

The last time they had actually had a full conversation seemed like it was so many moons ago, hearing her expressing herself or even talk, after all the time they spent apart really took him back. He could say that he missed it.

"I hated myself for doing that to you Kenma," she said, summarizing her story.

She was being completely honest. She felt terrible for doing that to him, but at the same time, it felt like something she had to do. Everyone was depending on her to make it..her mom especially needed the help.

She felt that Kenma would only bring her down, and stop her from getting her goal. When really, if they were still together, he would've made sure she stayed in college or helped her mom out with stuff while she was away studying.

It wasn't that she didn't trust him enough to depend on him, it was that she didn't want to depend on him too much to only get let down. So to avoid what she thought was a guaranteed disappointment, she left him.

Without even trying.

She sat quietly and awkwardly as she awaited Kenma's response. She wasn't expecting him to accept her apology right away but she wanted to know that she had a chance to make stuff between them right again.

Whether it was weeks from now, months- or even a few years once their future was secured together, she would argue that it was worth the wait.

"I already knew, you know that right?" Kenma finally spoke, his voice holding a bit of emotion, "so it's okay, I'll...forgive you."

But just because he forgave her, it doesn't mean that he forgot. It just became something that they overcame and can hopefully move on from. He could put this behind him now.

"So...what do we do now?" she laughed to clear the awkward tension that began to appear, "do we start over?"

She pondered again, "A clean slate?" she said, answering her own question. Kenma glanced over at her before looking up at the sky, thinking over the question.

He began to nod slowly as he drifted his attention slowly back to her, "Yeah...I'd like that."

"Okay!" she nodded slowly with a grin appearing on her face, "should we do it like in the tv shows?"

"Absolutely Not," he groaned in fake annoyance, as he turned away from her to hide his grin.

"Hi! I'm Y/n L/n, nice to meet you!" she said before bursting out into fits of laughter.

Kenma shook his head as he grinned slightly, "Yeah no, I'm leaving." he said as he got up and slowly moved away from the girl.

"You're no fun!" she pouted when her laughs finally died down and began making her way to him as they exited the park.

During the walk back they had gotten a bit close. She said it was because of the weather and Kenma being the only person who actually wore the correct clothes to accommodate late evenings in Japan, and that could reason why she was basically clutching onto him like a Koloa.

She had basically taken his arm as a permanent hostage during the walk. He didn't buy the excuse, but he didn't mind their current position, it was nice to see things slowly falling back into place.

He sighed softly as he watched her face light up as she laughed at his actions from earlier, it was amazing how easily they recovered from the situation that they thought would surely be the end of them- that was the end of them.