♯ 𝗱𝗶𝘅-𝗵𝘂𝗶𝘁.

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽.

Love. What was it again? The feeling that she got whenever she got too close to him, was that it? Was it the way her heart seemed to want to go out of her chest every time he touched her? What was love? It was the thing she was running from.

It seemed to always lurk in the corner like a ghost because every time she got a glance at it, she ran. Did she love Kenma? she didn't know. Did she love him back then? of course, she did. She wasn't sure if she had ever fallen out of love with the poor boy, because if she did - then why was she here? So, maybe she did still love him.

Back in the past, she'd say maybe she loved him too much - but did she?

Love.

It was something that seemed to find her over and over again. She loved the way she felt when she was with Kenma, did that mean that she loved him? Did she love the thought of him? The thought of always having someone there for her? Was there a reason? Did she need to fill a void?

She picked her brain to pieces like she always did. The boy sitting next to her didn't budge because he knew - he always knew. He knew she was the one - the first, and the last. He'd keep her always, somewhere.

Somewhere in both of them they still held onto what would have been. How far would they have gotten - where would they be if it had never happened? it should be something they put past them in order to get where they are now - but they both still thought about it. They both feared that she'd leave again - that she'd do him like last time and repeat history.

He knew she wouldn't, but what if she did? Neither of them knew what was in the future for them. Would they have forever?

She hoped they did because she didn't feel like running anymore. She felt safe with Kenma - being there with him always felt like home. She wasn't going to leave him again. She'd stay and work through any problem she had. Don't run. She knew better now, now she knew where she wanted to be - where she felt home was. With Kenma.

Younger her would have never realized it, but it seemed to always be Kenma Kozume.

Turning to look at him, she now knew love. It was part of the feeling she got whenever they locked eyes, the way how his voice seemed to be the best thing she'd ever heard. How he was always on her mind. If she really thought about it - it was always the boy next to her. No one else seemed to fit the role. It seemed to always go back to him. Others boys? they broke her heart - they weren't any good, they tricked her. Kenma? he would never. He fixed her. Over and over again.

Like she was a puzzle, but he never got bored.

He frowned as he looked at her puzzled face deep in thought, "Earth to Y/n?" he waved his hand in front of her face until she looked at him before saying, "Talk to me." He turned to face her, it was his way of saying that he was listening - something he always seemed to do.

He listened. He listened to the girl he loved, the one that hurt him, the one who swore she wanted nothing more to do with him.

But he would never stop listening to her unless she stopped talking. He listened to her voice, it was soft, and delicate, something else about her he loved. He swore that he'd never stop listening.

"I think I love you." she whispered. A lone tear fell from her cheek, as well as others, as she voiced her thoughts. "And I don't know what to do." She cried as she looked up at him. Crying seemed like the only thing she knew how to do well and something she only did when he was involved. The tears were short as he wiped them from her face.

His hands were warm and soft on her skin and she smiled shortly when he pressed a soft kiss onto her nose.

"I don't think I ever stopped loving you." he whispered softly as their foreheads touched slightly. They both smiled slightly at the equal confession. They remained like that for a while taking in and accepting the love that they both seemed to have for each other - even if some seemed to have now resurfaced.

"What do we do from here now?" she whispered. She was afraid that if she spoke any louder they would lose the peace. Kenma smiled before moving away and grabbing her hand and getting up, signaling for her to follow.

"I have no idea." he shrugged before pulling her closer into a hug, "Maybe we work on getting back together?" He suggested with uncertainty in his voice. He was nervous. Even though they both confessed their love for each other and shared close moments, it didn't mean for sure that she wanted to be with him again.

Maybe he was foolish for thinking that, but like with other things, he couldn't help it.

She smiled into his chest. He seemed to be hugging her a lot more lately, but she didn't mind. The affection she was getting was reassuring and comforting, it added more meaning to his words. He held her hand every time they were at arm's length of each other now.

Small actions without words seemed to be something Kenma would always do. Even now as they hugged, no words were spoken - they just held each other.

"Yeah. I think I'd like that." she nodded into his chest before laughing as he chuckled. They locked eyes with each other before Kenma spoke, "I really missed you." he kissed her head before breaking the hug and going upstairs to find Mochi, leaving her downstairs to process what just happened.

She placed her hand where the faint kiss remained and smiled hopelessly, "Yeah. I missed you too."