𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 - 𝐓𝐰𝐨

𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐃𝐘

| 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐦, 𝐍𝐘 |
➪ 𝙷𝙾𝙼𝙴

| 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐦, 𝐍𝐘 | ➪ 𝙷𝙾𝙼𝙴

𝟿:𝟶𝟸𝙰𝙼

"So Honesty, we were talking and decided to let you  attend that arts school you want to go to." I overheard Booka say to Honesty over the phone.

"Really? Thank you guys," she was beyond excited, I loved that.

"Anytime princess, what're you doing today?" He asks her, I continue cutting up fruit for the fruit salad.
"Mommy, Masai and I are having a brunch today. Then she's taking me, to this record store."

Honesty has been wanting to buy a Vinyl Record Player, ever since my mama showed Honesty her collection of vinyl records. She's been collecting since she was Masai's age.
Collecting records was something she did to feel closer, to her father since he died when she was young.

Grandma said he died from alcohol poisoning, which was a lie. His death certificate, said AIDS. Grandma was obviously embarrassed, so she lied in order for people to not talk about her. When nobody really cared, if he was gay. He was out back then anyways, after divorcing Grandma.

My mama still loved her father regardless, but when he passed it obviously changed her. So when he passed, he left her money, his whole vinyl collection and some jewelry.
As for grandma, he left her nothing.

So my mama wants to share her taste for music, with Honesty and her taste for fashion and hair with Masai. As for sports, and other things that's my dad's job.

"Oh really? That's nice." His tone wasn't amused, but Honesty didn't notice.

"Yea, when imma see you?" I looked over at them, then back at the cutting board.

"Soon baby, you know I gotta work." I sucked my teeth, "Oh well, okay." I set my knife down and wiped my hands, before walking over to them.

"Baby, go get Masai. Tell her to run to the corner store, I ran outta turkey sausage." I tell Honesty, "Can I go with her? And get something?" I nodded my head yes, and went into my back pocket for my credit card.

"Yes, here's my card. Don't spend too much, only get turkey sausage. And some snacks, for you both each." She nods her head before heading upstairs, as I grab my phone. I put the phone up to my ear, and sighed.

"Why'd you lie to Honesty?" I spoke to Booka as I put the cut up fruit, in a bowl then set the knife and cutting board in the sink.