3

Kiara's POV:

I went home with Cole and he drilled me with questions about JJ. I answered them the best I could without giving away JJ's secrets (his dad, abuse, etc.)

We went to bed and the next day, Cole went to the country club to golf and I went over to the Chateau to hang with the pogues. Cole hated the cut and he hated when I would hang out on the cut. I had started my job working from home.

Wedding plans were being made and I went to the Chateau and everyone but JJ was there. I was there to ask the pogues to be part of my wedding. I was relieved JJ wasn't there as I needed to talk to him about everything. 

"Hey, sorry about just leaving the other night. Cole is still getting used to pogue life. Anyways, I'm here to ask you all a question."

I handed Sarah the bag first. I was asking her to be my maid of honor. Her box had a necklace and a bottle of her favorite wine. She squealed and said, "Yes, I'm honored!"

She hugged me and I gave Cleo one with the necklace and asked her to be a bridesmaid. She happily accepted. I looked at the boys and said, "I'd love to have you three up there as my bridesmaids but that won't happen. So the second-best thing I could come up with is ushers."

I was just about to give the two boys their gifts when JJ walked in and John B filled JJ in on what I was doing saying he was just in time. Fuck.

I handed the boys the bag with a mini bottle of whisky. The expensive kind. I made the 'I'm sorry' eyes when I handed JJ his.

John B was the first one to say yes and Pope followed. They both hugged me. JJ didn't say anything. He opened up the bottle and slammed it and walked away.

"What was that about?" Pope asked

"No clue... But I should probably go find out." I said lying as I walked down to the dock

"Leave me alone. There is nothing that you can say to me." JJ said pissed at me

"You're right, I'm a slut and an awful person. I know that and I am so sorry. It was a dick move expecting you to even be at my wedding. I know you hate me right now and you have every right to hate me forever. But please don't go home to your dad. I'll always be here for you..." I said wiping my tears

"You're right about everything you just said. Go marry your wanna-be-kook fiance." He said not looking at me

"Are we ever going to be okay?" I asked realizing I might lose my best friend forever

"There never was an us and there never will be. You've turned into a kook bitch, you know the ones you used to hate" JJ said pulling a blunt out of his pocket

I wiped my tears and I left the dock. There was nothing else I could say to him. I went back to the pogues and I told them I didn't know what was bothering him and that it was just one of his moods. Everyone believed it because that was JJ.

I said goodbye to Pope and Cleo as they were leaving tonight as Pope had to get back to school. 

I went home to Cole and he was working. I went and unpacked more boxes and did more wedding planning. This wedding was going to cost so much money. It was getting ridiculous but our moms were going crazy on everything. 

Cole told me that he's been hanging out with Topper, great. He also said that he was going to ask Topper to be in the wedding. JJ would have been the first person I told but that was no longer an option. I went to bed early trying to think of anything I could do to fix things but there was nothing. I really should tell Cole but I didn't even know how to do that.

My pillow still smelled like JJ and I fell asleep thinking about all the memories from our surf trip. JJ and I never dated and nothing ever happened on our surf trip. We almost kissed one night and then I packed my stuff and left that night because we started fighting and then we didn't speak for five years. 

Two nights ago was the first time anything has ever happened between us. He told me before we fell asleep that he had so much to tell me and now I would never know.

I spent the next two days with Cole doing wedding stuff trying to avoid the Chateau and give JJ space. 

Cole took me out to lunch at the country club and to my surprise, JJ was working there as a waiter. He was humiliated waiting on us.

We ordered drinks and then JJ came back to get our food order. 

"We'll take two burgers with a side of fries." Cole said ordering for both of us

JJ just looked at me as he knew I hated the burgers from the country club. I didn't say anything and he walked away.

He came back about twenty minutes later holding two plates. One was a burger that he placed in front of Cole and the other was my favorite sandwich with a side of my favorite curly fries. 

"Thank you.." I said looking at JJ

"Enjoy your food." He said walking away

"Excuse me, pogue!" Cole said calling JJ back

"Names, JJ, it says right here on this fancy nametag they gave me.." He said pointing to the shiny badge

"Whatever, I ordered two burgers for me and my fiance." Cole said rudely

"Yeah, and I just happen to know that your fiance hates the burgers here. So I brought her one of her favorite meals. Maybe next time you can let her order for herself." He said walking away

"Is that true?" Cole asked me

"Yes. Please don't cause a scene here." I whispered

Cole took one bite and called JJ back and demanded he gets a new burger as this one was overcooked. I was so embarrassed by his behavior. He was being a complete dick to JJ for no reason. JJ brought him a new burger and came back about three minutes later to ask how everything was tasting. Cole 'accidentally' spilled his beer all over JJ. He laughed and said, "Sorry to ruin your one nice outfit. Guess you'll just have to beg your mommy to help buy a new one."

"Cole, stop!" I said as he took this way too far

"J, I'm sorry.. I'll pay for the dry cleaning." I said grabbing cash out from my purse

"Don't worry about it..." He said walking away

Cole got up and I laid the cash down for a tip and cole grabbed it and said, "You aren't leaving that piece of shit a tip. Service was terrible."

"Fine, I need to change my tampon. Wait for me in the car." I said going inside to the bathrooms

I walked into the men's bathroom as I knew JJ would be there. 

"I am so sorry for his behavior. I will call the manager and tell her your service was amazing."

"Leave me alone, Kie. I slept with his fiance, I deserve it all."

"You deserve nothing that he did. I'm serious, take the money." I said and he declined it again

I shoved the three hundred dollar bills in his pocket and I said, "And I didn't tell him about that night."

I left the bathroom before he could say anything and I got in the car with Cole to go home.