11

JJ's POV:

It was New Year's Eve and we decided we were going to the mainland for some big party. We were all really dressed up. The girls all had on the same dress, just in different colors. The dresses were full of sequence and sparkles. Sarah had a gold dress on, Kie had a silver dress on, and Cleo had a black dress on.

It was more of a club kind of party and I brought a date. Her name was Hannah and we've known each other for a few years. I asked her to be my date so I didn't look pathetic being single on New Year's. We took the fairy to the mainland and we were all going to be staying together at some hotel.

The party was lit and we were all drinking. It was going great. The boys were all giving me crap about Hannah. Just the normal guy stuff, making fun of me for having a date as I never dated. I wouldn't have a date if Kie weren't engaged. If she was single, I would kiss her at midnight but that was not an option.

Some creepy guy had been coming up and trying to talk to Kie all night. She was super uncomfortable around him and she eventually got him to leave. Cole didn't say anything.

He came back up to her two or three times and then left. I didn't take my eyes off Kie to make sure she was okay. We were all dancing when the guy grabbed her and put his hands on his hips. He pushed his body up against hers and he moved his hands up to cup her breasts. Cole literally just stood there and told the guy he needed to stop.

I charged the guy and yanked him off of Kie and said, "You fucking pervert, get the fuck away from her!"

"Oh yeah, what are you gonna do about it?" He asked as he slapped Kie's ass

I punched him, super hard. His nose was broken and bleeding everywhere. He hit me back and soon we were in a fist fight. The whole club was watching this go down. Security came over and broke us apart and we were both taken outside. Cleo had gotten a video and showed it to the police officers and we both had to go into jail for the night.

Hannah was pissed at me and so was Cole.

"Really? You had to get in a fight to ruin the whole night?" Cole asked livid

"Shouldn't you be more concerned about that creepy guy who was literally touching Kie?"

Cole walked away as he knew I was right. I was put in the back of a cop car and Cole yelled, "Like father, like son.."

I was brought down to the police station and put in a holding cell. I gave my statement and showed them the video of the creepy guy stalking and touching Kie. They told me I was here for 48 hours and that they needed Kiara to come in to give her statement.

Kie was here alone talking in the room and she walked by my jail cell and mouthed 'thank you'. She left and a few minutes later, a guard said someone posted my bail. I walked outside and Kie was waiting there.

"You bailed me out?" I asked

"Of course, you did nothing wrong. Thank you for what you did but you don't have to protect me like that all the time." She said

"Someone has to.." I whispered as I meant it that her fiance didn't protect her

"Ready to go back to the hotel?" She asked

"Or we could ditch them all and head to the cabin..." I said joking

"Honestly, that sounds perfect. You know if the ferry wasn't closed." She said resting her head on my shoulder as we walked down the street.

I asked, "What's the rooming situation?" Referring to the hotel

"I think John B just got one big suite for all of us..."

"Wanna get our own room? Pop some bubbly, sit in a hot bath, have sex?" I asked laughing as she knew I was joking

"Sounds like you have your evening with Hannah all planned out..."

"Nah, she's just some girl I invited because I didn't want to be alone on New Year's.."

Suddenly, Cole appeared walking out from the hotel. He looked pissed as he stormed towards us.

"What the fuck were you thinking?" He asked both of us

"I'm thinking you won't ever fucking talk to Kie like that again.." I said stepping in front of Kie

"I'm not scared of you. You're a fucking pogue."

"I'm not scared of you. You're a fucking wanna-be-kook." I said back to him

"You better not have used our damn money to bail his ass out" Cole said to Kie

"Of course, I bailed him out. He's one of my best friends. And it's my own money so I will do whatever I want with it." Kie said standing up to him

Cole was drunk and he was livid at this situation. We kept arguing back and forth as Kie just stood there watching. Cole got in my face and I punched him. I didn't mean to but he hit me back. We were both throwing punches at each other and Kie stepped between us. We both stopped and she didn't speak to either of us.

We went up to the hotel room and I walked in and John B had this huge suite. There were three bedrooms and a pullout couch in the main area. So Sarah and John B claimed a room. Pope and Cleo had a room. And Kie took the last room. John B had dropped all our stuff off earlier.

Everyone saw Kie lock herself in one of the rooms and then they saw me and Cole. They all knew we got in a fight.

"What the hell happened?" Sarah asked coming over

"Nothing...." Cole and I said at the same time

Sarah was pissed at both of us. She knocked on the door and Kie let her in. Cole went and sat on the couch and Hannah tried to help me like Kie usually did after a fight. But I told her not to. I hated people touching me.

Kie came out of her room and she had been crying. She wouldn't talk to me or even look at me.

Cole went to bed in their room and Hannah and I slept on the pullout couch. We all got up early the next day and we went back to the Outer Banks. Kie and Cole were happy today but Kie wouldn't talk to me.