alt. 21

Kie's POV:

JJ texted in the group chat that I was in labor and they were all coming to the hospital. He also texted my parents which was a huge step in the right direction for all of us. I texted Cole and soon we had everyone in the waiting room.

My mom was in the room and she wasn't saying much but she asked to come in.

I was having some awful contractions and JJ was being so sweet and helping me through each one. Suddenly, Cole came in the room and he said, "Hey, baby"

He kissed my head and JJ said, "Get out"

"Dude, fuck off! I'm here supporting my fiance" Cole said sitting on the other side of me

"Get the fuck out!" JJ said to Cole

The two began arguing and my mom stopped it and told them both to shut up.

"My daughter is the one in labor and you are arguing. This isn't about you, either one of you. Both of you should be focused on my daughter and grandson" She said sternly and then smiled at me

JJ looked at Cole and said, "You weren't here when the baby was made, so you don't get to see the baby come out"

It made me laugh and my mom was getting ready to leave. Cole said, "You might not even be the father. I need a paternity test"

"Cole, it's his baby and I think this is something that I need to do alone with JJ"

"Fine" He said storming out of the room

My mom came up to me and said, "You can do this, the pain goes away when you see your beautiful baby. Enjoy this special time"

She left and I got an epidural. I was in labor for six more hours. JJ was there every second. He was amazing. I was pushing the baby out and I started saying, "I can't do this"

"Yes, you can.. You've got this, Kie... A few more pushes and our son will be here"

I was squeezing his hand and a few seconds later, our son was here. We heard his faint cries and JJ was crying and he said, "He's so beautiful"

They placed him on my chest for skin to skin. I was crying and JJ kissed my head and said, "You did so good, I'm so proud of you"

Our son laid on my chest for about twenty minutes and we just talked to him. Then he did skin-to-skin with JJ. Watching him hold that little baby warmed my heart. They fit together so beautifully.

I snapped a picture and then the nurse asked for a name. JJ and I looked at each other and I said, "Liam Jackson Maybank"

JJ came up with the name Liam and I loved JJ's real name which was Jackson and of course, the baby was going to have JJ's last name. JJ looked surprised and he asked, "Are you sure?"

"Yes, he's your son" I said as they filled out the birth certificate

We allowed the pogues to come in first and they completely lost it when they saw the baby. He was adorable. Sarah looked at John B said, "He needs a cousin"

John B laughed and kissed her and whispered something in her ear that made her smile. I was hoping it meant they would have a baby soon.

They passed Liam around and took pictures. They spent about an hour in there and then Cole and my parents came in. They didn't say much, but we let them hold him. We just told them his name was Liam. My mom looked at him and said, "He looks a lot like JJ"

"I need that paternity test" Cole said

The nurse looked at me and asked, "Are we doing a paternity test?"

"Fine" I said that way Cole would stop bothering me about it

JJ and Cole had to give blood and they swabbed the inside of his cheek. They said the results would take about a week to come back.

"Is there a way to tell if my vasectomy is still working?" Cole asked

"Yeah, we can schedule an appointment" The nurse said pulling Cole outside

"I swear, this baby better not be him" JJ said getting angry

"Jayge, I promise you it's yours, he's ours... Our baby Maybank"

JJ relaxed a little and my dad said, "Wow Kiara, don't even know who the father is"

JJ walked over to him and my mom pulled him out of the room. JJ spent the night with me in the hospital. Two days later, JJ was driving my car home. I sat in the backseat with Liam. He was so tiny in that car seat JJ bought. I saw JJ look at us in the rearview mirror and smile.

We arrived at my house and JJ carried Liam inside and set the car seat down. He bend down and unbuckled him and picked him up. I went and sat on the couch and JJ brought him to me.

"You can hold him if you want, he's your baby too" I said

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, if you're good I'm going to go take a shower quick"

I went upstairs and took a shower and I came back down and JJ had Liam asleep on his chest. I snapped a quick picture before he noticed me.

"Awww, daddy and son bonding" I smiled

"He seems to like me"

"Of course, he loves you. You're his dad" I said sitting next to him and looking at our son

JJ and I just enjoyed the day with our son. Cole showed up and he sat down next to us.

"How's our boy?" He asked looking at me

"Sleeping" I said

"So, I had the test and apparently I have a sperm count. It's small, but it's there.. Kie, this could be our son." Cole said and I froze

No... There is no way. Is there? Shit... We did sleep together a few days after he got into town. JJ looked at me and his eyes cut could cut right through me. He was livid.

"Guess we'll just have to wait and see when the paternity test comes back" Cole smirked

"But I've been thinking, if the baby is mine he's for sure out of both of our lives and we're moving to Arizona. If the baby is JJ's, it doesn't matter. Kie, we don't him to grow up with a pogue as a father. He deserves everything life has to offer and we can give him that. I'll legally adopt him, I'll completely reverse my vasectomy and we'll have more kids. We'll get married and live happily ever after" Cole said trying to be all sweet

"You won't ever take my son away from me. I'm his father, he is legally my son. I don't care how many kook lawyers you can afford, he'll never be yours" JJ said pissed off as he held our son

Cole laughed and said, "Like you have a chance, she'll be my wife in two weeks. I'd be doing you a favor by making sure the baby has a good father in his life who comes from a stable family, you know my father isn't a drunk abusive asshole who almost killed Kie and the baby like yours"

JJ looked at me with so much hate and anger in his eyes. Cole walked out of the house and I was the one who was crying. I couldn't stop crying. What if the baby really was Cole's?