15

Kiara's POV:

We walked inside and Cole was sitting on the couch waiting for us.

"Hey.." I said awkwardly

"Hi, so let's just make this easy. We don't have a joint bank account. We bought our own cars. It's just the two houses." Cole said

"Well, it would make sense that I take this one and you take the one in California." I said

"I'm not moving back to California. After the wedding, I found a new girlfriend here and I have friends here."

"You found a new girlfriend in three days?" I asked confused

"Yeah, what's the problem? You found a new husband at our wedding."

I ignored the question and we started arguing about the house. Cole wanted the million-dollar house and I said hell no as we both put money down on it.

JJ stepped in and he said, "Let's all just calm down..."

"Fuck you, I'm not listening to a damn thing you have to say. You're poor and going to try to steal all my damn money."

"Shut up, Cole... We sell the Cali house and split the cash 50/50. I will gladly give you this house. You just have to give me the money back for what I paid plus 200k for all the furniture, lights, and work I had done."

"Fine." He said putting it in writing

"Also, I want 24 hours to clean all my stuff out of the house, and then it's yours." I said

I grabbed JJ's hand and lead him upstairs. We got to the master bedroom and he grabbed my waist and kissed me and he pushed me onto the bed where he laid on top of me and we were making out. I broke the kiss and JJ said, "This is where it all began..."

We continued to make out and JJ went to lift my shirt off and I pulled away and said, "We can't, Cole is downstairs..."

"Exactly.." JJ said taking my shirt off as he started leaving hickeys all over my body

He was extra loud on purpose and it made me laugh. I pulled the blanket I stole from his cabin out from under the bed and laid it over us. He laughed and said, "You're a thief..."

"I needed something to cuddle with because I missed you..." I whispered realizing how awful that sounded

JJ pulled me into his arms and he kissed me said, "Round 2..."

JJ and I got dressed and he helped me pack my clothes into bags and suitcases that were mine. He brought them out and loaded my car. Cole had left and I was alone with JJ. My car was stuffed full of all my personal items, clothes, and beauty products.

"J, where are we going to live?" I asked seriously

"Shit, I guess the cabin for now if you're cool with that?"

"Yeah..." I said smiling

JJ and I drove to the cabin and dropped all my crap off and then we went back to the house and I gathered a few more things. I called Cole and he wrote me a check and I gave him my keys. I decided I didn't want twenty-four hours here. JJ got in the driver seat of my car and he drove back to the cabin and we unloaded the rest of the stuff.

"Welcome home..." He said

"How would you feel about part two of the surf trip? I still have two first-class tickets to Australia."

Three days later, JJ and I went to Australia on our honeymoon/second surf trip. We did so much and it went by way too fast. We were there for two weeks at an all-inclusive resort. Cole and I bought this before the wedding. But JJ enjoyed it so much more than Cole ever could even pretend to like it.

We got back from the honeymoon and we had awful jetlag. We spent two days unpacking all my stuff and figuring out what to do since the place was so small. I could tell JJ felt bad that I was living here and not on figure eight.

"J, I love it here... I don't care where we live as long as I'm with you. I would be so miserable on figure right right now if I would have married Cole."

"I still can't believe how fast the wedding happened" He said kissing me

JJ now had a wedding band that we bought him and we officially looked married. The pogues couldn't believe what happened on my wedding day and neither could I. I was happier than I ever could have imagined.

**** Two Years Later ****

JJ and I were living in a house on the cut very close to John B and Sarah. It was exactly what we wanted as we still had the cabin as our little secret getaway spot.

Tonight, JJ and I were going out on a date and we were walking on the beach and we just happened to walk by the house that was mine and Cole's. I never made a big deal about it or Coles's girlfriend. It always seemed to bother JJ but I told him it didn't matter because I had him and that's all I could ever want.

We were walking by the house and JJ said, "I climbed down from your bedroom window"

I started laughing and said, "Yeah, I'm sorry you had to do that. I shouldn't have slept with you but you're not easy to resist. Part of me just wanted to pretend that my life with Cole didn't exist because you were the one I wanted. I had no idea he was going to show up early."

Suddenly, we saw Cole and his girlfriend walk outside. Shit. They totally saw us.

"Kiara, what are you doing on Figure Eight? You don't fucking belong here, you know on the rich side of the island. You could've been happy in this house with me. We could have had lots of kids and been the happy family in the big house. But you fucked up and ruined your life by marrying that fucking loser pogue from the cut " Cole asked

"I'm here with my soulmate and he's ten times the man you ever were. I ruined my life by saying yes to you in the first place."

"Come on, don't lie, Kiara. You know you miss me, especially in the bedroom. You had the best sex of your life in that house.." Cole said trying to provoke me

"You're damn right, I did. You want me to tell you about it?" I asked like I was flirting with him and I could see JJ clenching his jaw

"Hell yea, tell me.." Cole said like a fucking perv

"It was in our bedroom and it was the night before you moved in when you surprised me earlier than expected"

Cole looked at me confused and I said, "It was with JJ, so fuck you Cole"

JJ was grinning and Cole was furious as we walked away from the house and got in the car. JJ was driving and he didn't say a word to me and he was heading to the cabin. I grabbed his hand and he pulled it away. He arrived at the cabin and he said, "I'm going to stay up here for a few days. You should go home and I will call you when I'm ready to come home. I think it would be best if we spent some time apart."

He got out of the car and he went inside and I followed him and he locked me out. I knocked on the door which turned into me pounding and I said, "I'm not leaving here until you talk to me. What the hell are you pissed about?"

I got no response so I sat outside the door and I waited for his stubborn ass. I sat there for about three hours and I started knocking again and this time he opened the door and he said, "Please, Kie... I love you but I just need to be alone for a few days to rest"

"J, I don't want to leave you alone like this. Please promise me that you won't do anything stupid?"

"I promise" He said giving me a quick hug before I left and part of me didn't trust him. I left and I went back to our house to give him some space for tonight and I would come back in the morning

I spent all night worrying about JJ and he obviously didn't answer my calls or texts. My brain went down that road and I began to think the worse. I had so many things that I needed to tell him. I couldn't sleep and it was 3 am so I was speeding back to the cabin, terrified about what I might walk into. I felt so stupid for leaving him alone.