Chapter 5

Danielle POV:

After we arrive at my place, I text Stefania the address. We order from our favorite Chinese takeout and, while we wait, Barrett, Jayna and I start drinking beer. 

Jayna decided that she was gonna teach us how to play poker; either she sucks at teaching, or we suck at learning.

"Okayy so then I won this round, I have a pair of queens." Barret says super exited and already a little drunk after only 3 beers, I hi five her, honestly, I already gave up trying to understand it. I go for another beer while they argue.

"No Barret you lost, again. I have two pairs, so I win." Says Jaina. Picking up the cards.

I hear the doorbell ringing.

"DANI THE FOOD IS HERE!"  Barret shouts from the other room.

"Yes Barrett, thankfully the doorbell works just fine." I say sarcastically. "can you get it?"

"I'm busy, I'm looking for tutorial videos on how to win at poker since our teacher is terrible". Barret says as she walks In the kitchen watching videos on her phone.

"Sorry Dani, I'm kinda in the middle of something" Jaina says, counting the chips she has won this far.

"Ugh fine, one moment please!" I shout at the door as I go to open it.

"Don't you find it weird that you have managed to win since we started playing?" I ask Jaina.

"It's not my fault you are terrible players" Jaina says. She shrughs, grabs her beer and takes a gulp.

I laugh at her "Thank god, I am starviiing" I say, opening the door.

However, I am somehow happier that the delivery guy wasn't the one at the door. I see Stefania on the other side. She is wearing a hoodie, jeans, and converse. How does she look like a fucking goddess wearing a hoodie, jeans and some fucking converse?

"Well then, I'm glad I brought cookies" she says, giving me the biggest, cutest smile ever.

"Hi beautiful" I say smiling and pulling her in for a hug.

"Hi Bella" she says hugging me back tightly. We separate and I gesture her to come in. She grabs a bag that was on the floor and heads inside. We head towards the living room where Jaina has finished counting the chips.

"Someone said cookies?" I hear Barret as she runs to the living room.

"Oh, so now you are not so busy?" I say as Stefania grabs the cookies from the bag and places them on the table.

"Priorities Dani, they are called priorities" She blows me a kiss, grabs the cookies and runs to the kitchen. Jaina follows her.

"THERE BETTER BE SOME COOKIES LEFT WHEN I GO TO THE KITCHEN!" I shout.

"No promises Savre!" Jaina says.

Stefania laughs and looks at me as I pout mockingly. She whispers to me: "I don't think there will be any cookies left."

"Yeah me neither" I whisper to her. I sit down and she sits as well.

"Don't worry, I brought other things... I didn't know if you were gonna drink beer or wine, so I brought both."

"Aw Stef, you really shouldn't have, but thank you."

"No problem." She says. She looks at the cards and the chips and asks "so what were you playing?"

"We supposedly played poker for like half an hour but honestly I don't think I understood anything." I said laughing a little.

"Aw, don't worry bambina, it can be tricky. However, lucky for you, I happen to be great at poker."

"Of course she is" I whisper to myself.

"What?" she asks.

"Nothing, it's... it's nothing... well, I think I just lost like half of my salary in less than an hour so i'll take all the help I can get" I laugh and she laughs as well. "I'll try my best", she says, looking at me with her beautiful brown eyes. We stay like that for a while until I hear Jaina talk

"Okay girls are you ready to lose some more?"

Stefania looks at me and grins. "Actually, Dani asked me if I can play for her, she isn't really feeling the game" she says.

God, can this woman be more amazing?

"Fine Spampinato but I warn you, I'm not gonna let you win just because you are new, okay?" Jaina says mockingly as she starts giving everyone their cards.

"Oh, don't worry Ortiz, I think I can manage" she says.

Stefania POV:

After some time, I win Dani's money back and start winning a bit more than expected. We decide to leave the game as it is, without anyone loosing that much money, not even Barrett, who started understanding the game after an hour of playing it. We are all kinda drunk. Dani served me some of the wine that she had (she refused to open mine yet) so I've been drinking it all night.

As we are picking up the chips and the cards Dani asks me "how are you this amazing at playing?"

"I'm good at a lot of things" I say jokingly.

"I have no doubt" she says smiling, looking at me with her beautiful blue eyes. Those eyes make you forget everything, they are hypnotizing, she is hypnotizing.

I can feel other eyes around us too, Jaina and Barret are looking at us, whispering stuff to each other.

Our brief moment is interrupted when we hear the doorbell ringing.

"The fooooood" everyone says in excitement. Danielle opens the door and we put on a movie, so we watch it while we eat.

Barret and Jaina sit on the floor, I decide to sit there too but Barrett stops me "No No No, as the new guest you get to sit on the couch.... And yes, that is a rule that I just invented in a house that is not even my own. You are very welcome." She says.

I laugh and sit on the sofa and Danielle does too. 

"Well Stefania, are you ready to taste the most delicious chinese food in the entire West Coast? Cause i don't think you are" Jaina says. Barret and danielle shake thair head in agreement. 

"Gesù cristo, the ENTIRE west coast?, i don't think i'm ready" I say.

"We thank you for you honesty Stef, don't be scared, we will be right here with you as you enter the gates of chow main heaven" Dani says as she caresses my shoulder. 

"Okay all of this anticipation is making me hungrier, hand me the chow main, Savre" I say. 

She laughs and hands me my food. They all watch me closely as I open the container and put some noodles and beef in my mouth. It. Is. Delicious. 

"Okay you guys were right, This IS chow main heaven."

They laugh and high five as i continue eating. 

"She is officially part of the family now, ugh, this is making me emotional." Jaina says mockingly.  Danielle hands everyone their food and puts netflix on the tv. 

By the time we decided on what movie to watch we had already finished our food. We put the dishes away and dani brings some blankets. Jaina and Barret share one and Dani and I share the other. 

After some time watching the movie I feel my eyelids getting heavier and heavier until I can no longer keep them open. 

Authors note

Hi wonderful people! So, as promised, one last chapter today, maybe i'll write some more tomorrow but i have a lot of homework that i already procastinated today. 

Remember, If you like the story or have any suggestions, my dms are always open.

Hope you like the story so far and have and amazing day 😊

C.