nineteen.

deadly games❝let's try❞

deadly games
let's try

  FIFTEEN MINUTES WERE LEFT UNTIL THE GAME WAS OVER. Besides you and the other Joker, there were two other people alive. It wasn't the greatest idea to stick together with the brunette, but the game was almost coming to an end. The total of players left was four, so it would be you two versus the other two.
  Earlier, right after you killed the militant, someone released a gunshot. Apparently, a guy thought that someone was a Joker and they weren't. That caused both of their deaths. To you, that was quite amusing.

"We should go wait for them in the lobby. There's no way they won't go there." you suggested and he thought your idea was pretty good.

"Let's go."

The lobby wasn't far, but your way there still left you time to do some thinking. You thought you'd be more affected by the fact that you just killed someone. It was wrong, you knew that, but you didn't exactly feel bad. People would judge you for it, but other people won't. The guy beside you was one of the people who wouldn't blame you. It was completely ridiculous how you enjoyed his company but you barely met him. You didn't even catch his name yet, because you tried to concentrate on the game.

The lobby wasn't as big as the Beach's one. A couch was placed in the middle of the room and a tv in front of it. A table of glass was between them.
On the couch, two players were seated and it seemed like they already got comfortable. They were expecting the two of you. A man and a woman were now looking directly at you two with smirks on their faces. The man's arm was around the woman's shoulders, but he withdrew it when he noticed the Jokers inside the room.

"Fucking finally." the man said, standing up to face you both.

"You're too handsome for a Joker..." the woman adressed with fake sadness the words to the guy next to you.

"Good thing they're easy targets." the man said again and the woman agreed with him.

You were tempted to get your gun from your back, but right before you touched it, the guy stopped you with his hand. He mouthed 'not yet' and you let out an internal sigh. By looking at him, you knew he already had something in mind.

"You're not difficult targets either." he said amused.

"What the fuck are you trying to do?" you whisper yelled at him and he sent you a glare.

"She has a point. What are you trying, handsome?" the woman asked.

"Nothing. Tell us, beautiful, how many games have you played? You seem pretty skilled." he was adressing to the woman, trying to overwhelm her with the compliments.

Soon enough you realized what he was doing. He was stalling them. If the time was up and the Jokers were still alive, they would get lasered.

"It's none of your business." the man answered for her.