Chapter 2

"Now there is one thing I do need to talk to you about." He said and he looked very concerned. He looked at me and said, "You have a brain tumor that is the size of a quarter that we believe has been growing for about 2 years.  We can't remove it surgically so that means you need radiation and chemotherapy."  I felt like my life was over I was about to burst into tears, but I held it in till he left.  He let me go out into the waiting room where my family and friends were to tell them what was going on.  So while he got the wheelchair I pretty much balled my eyes out.  He wasn't back for another 10 minutes so I had plenty of time to cry.  I didn't know how much time I had left or if I would have to live in pain for the rest of my life.  I was just worried.  All these terrible thoughts came pouring I to my mind.  Not good thoughts but bad.
By the time the doctor got back my eyes were bloodshot from crying.  I could tell he wasn't the comforting type because he was lost for words.  He rolled me out to the waiting room and everyone could tell something was wrong.  The doctor asked me if I wanted to tell them and I shook My head and let him do it.  "Jessica has a quarter sized tumor in her brain and unfortunately we can not get it out surgically so we have to do chemotherapy.  And if you don't do chemotherapy she will have a year to live." I could just see everybody's pale faces in horror.  They couldn't believe what they just heard. Of course the only person that wasn't there was her boyfriend, Joel.  He wasn't almost never there the only reason he came was because her father threatened him.  He said if he doesn't come see her he would make sure he wouldn't miss another single thing.  After everyone left the doctor told me I have to stay at the hospital to run a few more tests. So at 10:13pm Mark comes in her room and sits beside her and says, "I don't think we should go out anymore.  I mean all these doctor appointments are just a waste of time and you believer the stuff they tell you? How could you believe someone you don't know? Huh? Also you have no time with due to these stupid doctor appointments. So we are through."  I was so mad I didn't know what to do or say.  "What is wrong w-w-with y-you I I can't believe y-you.  H-how could you do this to someone w-with a b-brain t-tumor and someone w-who n-needs support. Y-you know w-what y-you're a terrible person.  Who d-does that?? I-I mean seriously."  He just sat there with a blank stare seeing me struggle with my speak doing nothing.  "I didn't know you had a brain tumor.  Oh my God are you ok.  I am so sorry please take me back.  I feel terrible."  He looked so pitiful it was sort of funny in a way.  "Why would I t-take y-you back? I-I mean y-you are n-never there for m-me." I could tell my speech was getting worse and worse. I wasn't sure if it was just the tumor messing with my brain or if it was because I needed help with my speech.