The Reveal

I'm surprised that my father kept the secret of my pregnancy away from mom. So I took my mom and dad out to dinner and we were talking. My mom already knew about the engagement but I had to figure out when was the right time. When that time came I said "Mom, dad already knows this but I have a surprise for you. It is the fact that soon you will be a grandmother." She hopped up and screamed but once she realized she was in a restaurant she went outside to take a moment. When she came back you could tell she knew the risks. So my mom proceeded on talking about babies she even told the waiters I was pregnant. It was pretty funny. Then she went on about telling people and we decided we are going to throw a party at the house invite everyone and have a cake saying "We're having a baby" and just have fun with it.

***

When we finally got the party set up all done people started showing up. Everyone thought it was just a vet together. Though some people got suspicious because my parents and Joel wouldn't let me do anything. Yet they never really let me do anything since I've been sick. Well anyway when everybody got there and was seated I stood a up with Joel and we told them about the engagement, and then my parents(who went a little overboard with the cake) brought out the cake and everyone gasped. The room fell silent for a second then all the women screamed. I got so many hugs to the point of I had to take a break because I was so sore. But everyone was happy for me. I mean I was way more than happy, I'm getting married and I'm having a baby which is amazing because chemo lowers the fertility rate. How much more happiness can I girl take in?