Chapter 10

So I haven't looked at my phone for about a month so I expected a little more than usual to happen but when I checked my phone I had 49 missed calls, 107 texts from multiple people, 83 instagram notifications, 36 Facebook notifications, 67 min messages, and way more.  I usually get less than 12 notifications a day and no one texts me so I was surprised.  Well anyway I answered my call and it was Joel.  He was calling to see if I was ok and if I was in lain or anything so I told him, "well I have cancer in all parts of my body and it hurts and I'm really depressed right now because I have a short time to live so ya."

"Well sorry Jessica but I have to ask, will you go out with me so we can redo the first date we had? We could go anywhere you would like."

"Joel I would love to but I'm too weak to walk long distances and I don't want to have the same thing happen again."

"I could borrow a wheelchair from the office and I can wheel u around and I promise the same thing won't happen since you are not.doing chemotherapy anymore you won't have any symptoms of it.  Plus dont you want your first meal to be something better than heatd hospital food?"

"Ok fine I'll go with you" I had to loom away and laugh because when you like a guy and he says something like that you have to laugh.

"YES I knew it. Ok so seriously ill pick you up later at 7 ok I'll be at your house.  So I'll see you soon beautiful."

Oh my God it was so hard not to burst out laughing while talking to him.  So since it was only 2 in the afternoon I had to figure out what to wear how to get up the stairs without collapsing and tell my parents I was going out to dinner with my nurse. Ok so to get up the stairs by crawling and I'll tell my parents im going to go out and eat something besides hospital food.  I did that and my parents freaked out and told me that I can't go out just yet so then I had to explain to them I was going with Joel who is a trained to help people like me. So after that they felt more comfortable and let me go.

Finally 7:00pm and Joel arrived at 7:01pm dressed in a fancy suit with a bouquet of flowers for me. I could tell I was blushing. "Where are we off to Beautiful?"

"Why don't we go to Olive Garden" I said with a smirk on my face.

"Are you sure you want to go?" He asked me concerned. I nodded so off we went.