11# Alone in the woods

After the fight with the mabeasts (or 'wolgrams', as Rem called them), Subaru trudged with Rem and Ram to the village center. There was Beatrice, alongside Felt and Emilia. And no child was seen anywhere. Hopefully all of them were resting in their homes, already free from any curse. Now it was time for Rem and Subaru to get rid of theirs. Specially Rem.

- Subaru! Rem! - Emilia called worried, running at the two.

Yes, Emilia do be like that, Subaru thought, a tiny bit endeared at her concern. He really shouldn't feel that way, but he was tired. So, he would worry about that later.

- They are fine mistress Emilia - explained Ram.

- They... are? - Emilia asked, sparing one doubtful glance at the two disheveled youths.

- Let Subaru and Rem be treated by Beatrice first - Ram advised her. - Later we will worry about lesser problems.

Emilia, still worried, stepped aside to let the two proceed to the tiny blonde. Felt, (the other tiny blonde) was by Beatrice's side. That pair did a cute contrasting duo. One, serious and with the flamboyant red dress. The other, concerned and dressed with shabby clothes. The former with two drill ponytails, the latter with short hair. That, made Subaru smile a little more.

- Are you all right? - Felt asked surprised.

- Yes, yes. We are - Subaru reassured nonchalantly, walking to Beatrice. - Now could this one loli help us with the curses? - he added cocking his head.

Beatrice, narrowed her eyes.

- You come here calling me names, expecting my help?

- I never intended to make it sound like an insult - Subaru excused himself, waving his hand. - Could you please help Rem?

Beatrice scoffed at him, before walking up to Rem. Then, a meter apart from her, she stopped and sighed.

- You have been bitten quite a lot, haven't you?

Rem shied away with the question.

- Getting rid of all those curses is going to take a long time - Beatrice informed, passing beside her. - You two go clean yourselves and rest. Tomorrow morning we will do something about the curse issue - she said, getting further and further.

Subaru stared at her with a tilted eyebrow. Too bratty to help us right away?, he silently complained. Then he turned his gaze at the rest of the group.

- If no one is against that, where can I get the blood off of me? - he asked to no one in particular.

Later that night, Subaru was laying in a big wooden tub, on the house of a generous villager. The tub was a bit smaller than him, and the water wasn't very warm. Still, that was enough. At the moment he was brushing his body with a brush and a funny-smelling soap. The water wasn't very dirty (he managed to brush off most of the blood and grime before getting inside), so he was getting out as clean as he could be. But he wasn't thinking about that. He was mulling over what had happened. Everything seemed as a normal accident. One beast entered; children being dumb, followed; Subaru and Rem came to the rescue. And everything was fine. Emilia, Felt, Beatrice and Ram weren't attacked, and Ram said there was no threat around, so... had Subaru and company just been paranoid?

He sighed, and submerged himself in the water. Later emerging, going for his towel. He had told Ram to wake him up in case something suspicious happened, since she was going to stay vigilant for the night around the barrier. So he would rest for now, and hopefully, without incidents. Then have Beatrice and Puck dispel any curse he or Rem had. It was unnerving to think they two were going to sleep with magic that could kill them in some hours. Though everyone seemed confident that they could all rest easy, so everything was fine? If all this happens in my first week... can't imagine what comes after a year..., Subaru mumbled while he dried himself.