Chapter 13

Naruto appeared in front of the Nara compound. He dodged the guards and slipped into the Clan Heads House. Making his chakra he crept upstairs into Shikamaru's bedroom to find the boy facing his bed.

The door clicked shut behind Naruto and Shikamaru jumped and turned around with a fearful squeak. "K-Kitsune-sama!"

"Now." Naruto started to say, leaning against the door and folding his arms. "I know you Nara's are smart enough to know what needs to be kept quiet, yes?"

Shikamaru mouthed the word troublesome but nodded. "Absolutely.  I will not tell a soul." He stood still as Naruto walked around him, poking and prodding at his body and humming occasionally. "What are you doing?"

Naruto didn't say anything but poked him a few more times. "You would be a useful strategist but your body build is definitely not much of a fighter, but then again, all Naras are lazy bastards who don't want to do even the littlest of things."

Shikamaru looked mildly offended at Narutos offhanded comment that he didn't notice his door opening. Shikaku stood in the doorway, eyes flicking between both boys just as Naruto poked him in the side "Hey!" The Nara Heir snapped.

Shikaku raised an eyebrow at Naruto. "Naruto-sama, what are you doing to my son?"

"Threatening him." Naruto poked a few more places with chakra coated fingers and the left side of Shikamaru's body went numb.

"What did he do?" Shikaku asked.

"He found out the secret."

"Which one?"

"Kitsune."

"Ah." Shikaku nodded. "Just please don't kill my son. I know what you did to the last person who found out." With that, he closed the door, leaving the horrified Shikamaru behind.

Naruto grinned evilly. "I have a deal for you."

Shikamaru started to sweat. "What is it?"

"If you keep your precious mouth shut about my identity, I will not only let you live but I will let you join my team." Naruto moved to stand in front of the other boy. "I will personally train you and you will be my lead strategist."

Shikamaru thought about that. He always did admire Kitsune's decisions as being the strategically chosen best options and respected his authority. He offhandedly found that Naruto being the Kitsune that defied Minato time and time again as a hilariously large big fat fuck you to the family. To be personally trained by the most powerful person in the five nations is to big an opportunity to pass up. The only downside is that he is sure that Naruto is sadistic when it comes to training and Shikamaru won't have as much time to cloud watch. "I...accept."   Then he remembered something that could be a problem. "What about my sensei?"

Kitsune smirked. "I'll handle him." With that, he disappeared in black and gold flames.

"Troublesome. He didn't fix me. I suppose I will wait until Mom or Dad look for me. What a drag."