16

"Just how did we end up drinking again when tomorrow's the start of the sem?"

After putting the groceries in place, I opened the Cuervo. I did not even ask him to drink with me. Kumuha nalang siya bigla ng shot glass niya.

He was sitting at the sofa while I sit on the floor. I don't want to get near him right now.

Not when I'm feeling like this.

"It's just first day." Sagot ko sa kanya.

"News flash, Ma'am. Medical School actually starts at first day. A welcome quiz may be present, you know?" He said before drinking his shot.

Hindi ko nalang siya pinansin at uminom nalang. Tatlong magkakasunod na shot na ang ininom ko when he decided to get my shot glass from me.

"Why are you getting yourself drunk, woman?" He softly asked.

Tumayo ako at pumunta sa kitchen para uminom ng tubig.

I chose not to answer.

I shouldn't answer.

"Erica Vienne..." He called me. Nilingon ko lang siya. "Come here..." He softly said. His tone wasn't demanding.

I was staring at him blankly— trying so hard to not let any emotions out. Hindi niya kailangan malaman. Hindi niya dapat malaman.

I sighed before walking towards my place earlier. I stopped when he spoke again.

"Dito sa akin," he said.

Napalingon ako sa kanya.

He was serious— too serious that it made me follow his words. When I was already at his reach, he reached for my hand and pull me to him. My eyes slightly widened.

He was sitting with his legs spread. He made me stand in between his legs.

He was still holding my hand.

"What's our problem?" He softly asked.

"Why are you including yourself?" I asked back.

"Did I do something to upset you?" He was staring intently into my eyes.

My heart was beating so fast— it's about to come out off my chest.

I took a step back.

"Stop flirting with me, C." I almost did not recognize my own voice. That sounded so... half-hearted.

To my surprise, he made me sit on his leg as he wrap his arm around my waist.

"Why can't I?" He muttered with his fucking almost breathy voice.

Napakurap ako.

There was no hint of teasing on his face. He's damn serious.

Is that a genuine question?

"Are you drunk?" He asked— almost whispering.

"N-Not yet..." Of course, I had to stutter! Damn it!

"I feel so drunk..." He muttered. What?

"W-What do I---"

My eyes went wide open when he claimed my lips.

What the actual fuck!

The only thing I can hear was the sound of my heart. I couldn't move!

He cut the kiss and looked at me straight in the eyes. "What made you upset, Erica Vienne?" There was already a hint of demand on his voice.