28

Bad days in Medical School are normal. In a week, it's impossible to not have that bad day. In my case, it's when Biochemistry happens. It's always that subject.

Whenever I'm having a bad day, I would just book a grab to sleep at Cole's. Seeing him at the end of a bad day comforts me.

He would always hold me even when he's studying.

He would cook me breakfast.

He would kiss my hand three times.

He would do anything to comfort me.

Little did he know that he didn't have to do all of that to comfort me. His presence were already enough.

I woke up with a hospital room scent. The scent of hospital rooms became familiar to me because Erica Victoria's always sick when she was younger.

We consider her as a miracle baby. My Mom had Tory when she was already menopausal. It affected Tory's immune system.

Nilibot ko ang paningin ko at nakitang naroon si Dana at Brent. They were sitting in the sofa. Nasa magkabilang dulo pa sila.

"B-Brent..."

Agad akong nilingon ni Brent. He stood and sat in the chair beside the bed.

"What? Do you need anything?"

"C-Can you process my discharge already?" I asked him even when I was still feeling weak.

"Vienne, you need to rest. This is not the time to be stubborn."

"I can never rest knowing that it's finals tomorrow." I said.

"What is wrong with you?" He asked me.

I bit my lips. I ask myself that too, Brent.

"How the fuck did you get in that party? I warned you about Matty." Pagalit nito sa akin.

"Brent," Nilingon namin si Dana na nagsalita. "Hindi 'yan ang kailangan niya ngayon."

"Please... I want to go home."

I want to study.

I want to drown myself in studying.

I can't let myself think about what happened.

I can't fail my exams.

"Saan kita hahanapin kung sakaling hindi bukas yung find my iphone mo?"

Brent rarely speaks Tagalog because of his bad accent. However, you know he reached his limits when he speaks Tagalog.

He's damn mad.

"What... Just what---" I reached for his hand and squeezed it gently. He looked at me.

"Brent... I just want to go home."

Being in this place reminds me that something bad happened.

I don't want to be in this place.

I heard Dana sighed. "Ako na."

Tumayo ito at lumabas na para asikasuhin ang hinihingi ko.

"Where the fuck is your man?" Brent fired again. I squeezed his hand tighter.

"Don't." I said.

"Even if I don't tell him, he'd know because his "friend" is now behind bars."

I got chills when he said the word friend.

Parang may nagbara sa dibdib ko nang maalala ko ang mukha ni Matty.

How he looked at me when we were at the mall.

How he stared at me when he was about to harass me.

How he looked like.