22

If there's one thing you'd have to avoid while you are in Medical School, it would be distractions. Being distracted can lead to losing focus and being focused is the vital key to survive Medical School.

Getting into Medical School is hard, but staying here is so much harder.

I groomed myself to let go of any unnecessary thoughts that can make me slow down in doing my priorities— being a Doctor (a good one) is my top priority.

I should be focused.

But as I recall the bumping incident with Addie, I can't help but think about things.

Cole is now busy studying in front of me. He's browsing his material while writing some notes. One thing about him, he writes the things he needs to remember. He doesn't use mnemonics. He just write it.

He's studying while I'm fucking spacing out.

I sighed. Napatingin ako sa kanya nang bigla siyang tumigil sa pagsusulat at tumingin sa akin.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He suddenly asked.

I sighed again. He knows me too well.

"I bumped into Addie earlier."

"Addie?"

I almost rolled my eyes. "Addie as in your Addie."

His brows raised. "Yeah? Where?"

"Coffee shop while I was buying coffee." I answered.

"Why do you sound like you're about to fight me?"

Did I sound like it?

Inilingan ko siya at sinubukan muling magfocus nalang sa ginagawa. Maya-maya ay nagsalita siya ulit.

"Can I sleep over?" Pagpapaalam niya.

I scoffed. "Seriously, why don't you just move in?"

He stared at me for seconds. "Can I?"

"Cole!" Saway ko sa kanya.

He chuckled before standing to go to me. I froze when he suddenly went to back hug me and kissed my shoulders three times.

"Are you bothered by Addie?" He softly asked.

"Is there a need to?"

"None." Sagot niya agad.

"If you say so." I muttered.

He sighed before kissing the side of my neck. "If it's not obvious, I'm all eyes on you, Doc."

My cheeks burned when he said that. We fell silent for a moment. He was still hugging me from the back.

"What if she comes back in your life?" I asked the thing that has been bothering me.

"She's a past for a reason and we became exes for a reason, too." He answered.

I rolled my eyes. "That did not answer the question."

I decided to face him. I need to get this over with.

"What if she comes back and tell you she wants you back?" I asked him.

"She wouldn't." He answered with confidence. My brow raised. "And if she does, I'd say no."

"Why?"

He chuckled before pulling me closer. "Why do you have to ask? Of course, I wouldn't take her back."

"Why?"

"Because I already have my sometimes-apathetic doctor in my arms now."

I bit my lips to stop myself from smiling.